News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi under glass pic.

Started by 65post, December 18, 2005, 02:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

This is the original Hurst Hemi Under Glass after it was sold  near Montreal Quebec.I was just a kid when I see this car years back at a car show. The guy was selling these pics of it and I bought one.Never thought any more about it until just a few years back when it came up in the local trader for sale as the ( hemi under glass car ) .At the time I think he was asking   $2500.00. for the body and another $5000.00 for the hemi.As it turned out it went back down south to the guys that built it .A happy ending.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

greenpigs

You have the coolest pics, thank you Sir may I have another?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

R2

Sweet pic,,,what's even cooler is the fact that it looks like SNOW in the back ground........ :o

chargervert

Thats one of the second generation Hemi under glass cars,there was a couple of 65-66 Hemi under glass cars built before that one! The early Cudas with the big wrap around rear windows! Thats where they got the name Hemi under glass from! The rear window in the 64-66 Cudas was the largest peice of automotive glass ever used in any American automobile ever built! Cool pics!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

6pkrunner

As mentioned by cv, the moniker for Hemi Under Glass came from the larger wrap around backlight of the 65-66 barracudas.
and a picture tossed in of a second gen - possibly the Quebec car before sale. I remember reading the article of some freinds of Riggle's  going to get the Quebec car back.

Shakey

Quote from: chargervert on December 18, 2005, 05:50:51 PM
Thats one of the second generation Hemi under glass cars,there was a couple of 65-66 Hemi under glass cars built before that one! The early Cudas with the big wrap around rear windows! Thats where they got the name Hemi under glass from! The rear window in the 64-66 Cudas was the largest peice of automotive glass ever used in any American automobile ever built! Cool pics!

...and the hemi engine was mounted in the rear of the car, behind the driver and "under the back glass".