News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DC.com meet and greet BBQ on Aug 21 in West Milford, NJ

Started by resq302, July 02, 2010, 08:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be attending?

Yes
4 (21.1%)
No
10 (52.6%)
Possibly
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: August 11, 2010, 08:50:11 PM

resq302

Well, here we are at Aug 1st almost.  Figured I would give it another bump as the poll ends on Aug. 11.   :bump:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

71ChallengeHer

resq302

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 31, 2010, 10:30:32 PM
Brian, It will be 2 or 3 with me.  :cheers:

Two or three with you?  Jackie, do you have a multipersonality disorder that I am not aware of? :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

dkn1997

Let's go everybody!! I know some of you have obligations that day, so here are a few tips on how to get it done:

-Tell your boss now that you will have the sniffles that day

-Fake your own death

-Tell Sears to deliver that Fridge another day

-Move your DirectTV install to Sunday 

-if your water heater blows out that morning, torch the place and deal with it when you get back. It's a lot easier than sweating those pipes to get the new one in anyway

-Hire the punk kid down the street to cut the grass that week

-Kmart will have sales on other days too!

It's a day of Chargers, nice people, BBQ, and a nice ride.... what could be more important?

Don't make me start PM'ing you all!  I can stalk with the best of 'em
RECHRGED

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: resq302 on July 31, 2010, 10:54:19 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 31, 2010, 10:30:32 PM
Brian, It will be 2 or 3 with me.  :cheers:

Two or three with you?  Jackie, do you have a multipersonality disorder that I am not aware of? :lol:
2 or 3 ,including me. Shelby is coming, maybe her boyfriend,    :nana:  Sorry , that was my other personality.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bordin34

I should be there. Are you taking the Challenger Jackie.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bordin34 on August 01, 2010, 09:36:44 AM
I should be there. Are you taking the Challenger Jackie.
Dan, Prolly not, with being off work. It will be cheaper to drive the Daytona.

Old Moparz

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 01, 2010, 07:26:23 AM
Let's go everybody!! I know some of you have obligations that day, so here are a few tips on how to get it done:

-Fake your own death

-if your water heater blows out that morning, torch the place and deal with it when you get back. It's a lot easier than sweating those pipes to get the new one in anyway

It's a day of Chargers, nice people, BBQ, and a nice ride.... what could be more important?

These ideas usually always work, but never try to use the same excuse more than once with the same person.  :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

resq302

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 03, 2010, 09:13:40 AM

-Fake your own death

These ideas usually always work, but never try to use the same excuse more than once with the same person.  :Twocents:

Also not a good idea to use them on the girlfriend / wife. :lol:
Brian

dkn1997

Quote from: resq302 on August 03, 2010, 08:34:23 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on August 03, 2010, 09:13:40 AM

-Fake your own death

Also not a good idea to use them on the girlfriend / wife. :lol:

I use this one all the time on the wife..  -Fake your own death
RECHRGED

dkn1997

question for those of you that are coming (I'm writing the rest of you off btw  :2thumbs:

any kids going?  I plan on bringing my 6 and 9 year old kids. 

Also, what if it rains?  I'm good either way.  I may not take the charger in the rain in case vinny bag o donuts decides to hydroplane into me on the wet roads, but I'd come either way. 
RECHRGED

resq302

Well, considering I did not plan a rain date, I would say its on for that day, rain or shine.  So.....everyone do your sun dance!!!! :lol:

Also, my 3 1/2 yr old daughter will be there.  I planned this as being a family event so if you have kids, bring them.  Its not a family event if you leave half of your family home.
Brian

Old Moparz

My daughter will be with me, she's 11 years old.

Brian.....As for rain & shade, I have a 10' x 20' canopy that I can toss in my truck if you need it. It's one of those galvanized, tubular frames that slip together with a tarp roof.   :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

71ChallengeHer

Brian, Do you want Shelby to bring paints, to do face painting for the kids ?

resq302

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 06, 2010, 05:29:19 PM
My daughter will be with me, she's 11 years old.

Brian.....As for rain & shade, I have a 10' x 20' canopy that I can toss in my truck if you need it. It's one of those galvanized, tubular frames that slip together with a tarp roof.   :Twocents:

Bob,

thats not a bad idea.  It can't hurt.

Jackie,

If Shelby wouldn't mind doing that, I think it would be pretty cool.  I know my daughter would love it.

Brian

FLG

Still looking good for me!

Ill be getting an alignment at a 24hr shop as soon as i get back to get my front end back in order before the trip.

Dkn, any idea when and were we can meet?

dkn1997

Quote from: FLG on August 07, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
Still looking good for me!

Ill be getting an alignment at a 24hr shop as soon as i get back to get my front end back in order before the trip.

Dkn, any idea when and were we can meet?

If you are coming from the city you have to pass my house for the ferry anyway.  Why not just meet at my place? 

by the way, what time we kicking this thing off?  Ferry has to get booked in advance and I think we should do it now to be sure... return trip too. 
RECHRGED

resq302

As posted in the first post.   :lol:

When- Saturday August 21, 2010
Time - Around 1 PM till ??
Where - 59 Wooley Rd.  West Milford, NJ 07480
Why - to put faces to the names we all talk to and to have fun!
Brian

dkn1997

I think I need to put my 2.91 open diff back in for this trip
RECHRGED

FLG

That works for me. Where can we book it from?

The later we can leave the better. I'm flying back in the night before and just need to get front end aligned. If I have to get it done in the morning I'm sure id have plenty of time but I don't wana cut it too close.

dkn1997

Ferry leaves port jeff every hour on the top of the hour.
.  I was thinking of getting on the 11am ferry.  Cominmg back they leave bridgeport evey hour on the half hour
RECHRGED

FLG

That works for me.

Im hoping they let me out early that friday and i get an earlier flight.

dkn1997

Quote from: FLG on August 08, 2010, 02:43:35 PM
That works for me.

Im hoping they let me out early that friday and i get an earlier flight.

How fast do you go on the highway?  If you go 75 plus..I may not be able to keep up. 3.91's are funny like that.  If I put my 2.91 peg legger in before then, speed won't be a problem lol
RECHRGED

FLG

Ive got 2.9ish gears so i tend to stay on it  :smilielol:

J/K im not a speed demon.

I wouldnt care if we had to stay in the right lane with our hazzards on.

:2thumbs:

bordin34

I guess I'll see you there Frank, then our twin cars will finally be together.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ