News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DC.com meet and greet BBQ on Aug 21 in West Milford, NJ

Started by resq302, July 02, 2010, 08:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be attending?

Yes
4 (21.1%)
No
10 (52.6%)
Possibly
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: August 11, 2010, 08:50:11 PM

resq302

aside from a nice sunny 70* day.  I don't think so.  At least not that I can think of at this minute.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

dkn1997

Quote from: FLG on August 13, 2010, 08:20:54 PM
Yes we are. I need to get things straigtend out as well if i cant do it friday night, lets shoot for 11am...could you reserve mine as well?

Frank.. I just reserved mine, but you have to pay to reserve.  I chose 11am from port jeff, then 7pm from bridgeport home
RECHRGED

FLG

Ok who do i call? and how much is it?

I'll probably just reserve mine one way, as i might visit fam while im out there.

dkn1997

Quote from: FLG on August 15, 2010, 08:10:00 PM
Ok who do i call? and how much is it?

I'll probably just reserve mine one way, as i might visit fam while im out there.

http://www.bpjferry.com/default.aspx

just go to the reservations tab at the top.  that's also the only way to view the schedule !
RECHRGED

FLG

dkn1997

Hey, any way you can make the 10am? I just found out i dont have to work and id rather go earlier.  If not dont worry, we'll make it work

RECHRGED

FLG

11 would be best.

Im flying in friday night, and i need to go to the 24hr shop to get this front end straightend out so im going to be cutting things close as is.

GTXtreme

my plans for this weekend just came to a screeching halt when my engine builder backed out so maybe i can make it

resq302

The more the merrier.  :lol:  Also, there may be a surprise guest star appearance who actually lives in my town.  Invitation has been sent.  Just have to wait and see if he replies or shows up.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

71ChallengeHer

Almost thought we couldn't make it. More car problems. Something unexpected. :brickwall: :brickwall:  I'll explain when I get there. I called in a big favor. But one way or the other Shelby and I will be there.  :cheers:

resq302

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on August 16, 2010, 09:38:57 PM
Almost thought we couldn't make it. More car problems. Something unexpected. :brickwall: :brickwall:  I'll explain when I get there. I called in a big favor. But one way or the other Shelby and I will be there.  :cheers:

Uh oh.  Thats never good.  Well, at least you two will be here.  Hopefully it will be worth the aggrevation for you. :cheers:
Brian

71ChallengeHer

I'll be fine.  :2thumbs:  And it will be worth it.  :cheers:  I weeded for 3 hrs just to burn some frustration out.  :cheers:

resq302

3 hours????  damn lady.  I would have said to save that for here but I just redid all of the flower beds with new mulch and put in new flowers and added flower beds so the house looks nice for Sat.  Hopefully everyone will have a good time, if not I'll certainly have one hell of a nice looking yard from it. :smilielol:

Lets see.....list of crap that I did for the party....

• leveled out the back yard
    built a concrete block retaining wall for back yard
    power washed the house
    power washed the keystone retaining walls
    ripped out old flowers and flower beds that were overgrown / dead and replaced with new
    begged my neighbor across the street for area for parking cars
    oh, and most importantly, prayed for sun!
Brian

bordin34

Ok, so I just talked to my mom and I will probably be bringing some gluten-free side that Shelby can eat.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bordin34 on August 18, 2010, 01:10:13 AM
Ok, so I just talked to my mom and I will probably be bringing some gluten-free side that Shelby can eat.
dan, Tell your Mom . Thank you.  :icon_smile_big:

dkn1997

I have no idea what to bring besides myself.  any ideas?  I'm not a bad cook...just not good at thinking of stuff to cook.
RECHRGED

mikepmcs

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 18, 2010, 05:05:32 PM
I have no idea what to bring besides myself.  any ideas?  I'm not a bad cook...just not good at thinking of stuff to cook.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44219.0.html    :icon_smile_big:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

resq302

I had a request for some rice crispy treats if anyone can make them.  I know a bunch of people , (ok its me) that likes them and haven't had them in a while. Although, I have yet to find a person that doesn't like them.   :2thumbs:
Brian

mikepmcs

Quote from: resq302 on August 18, 2010, 05:17:42 PM
I had a request for some rice crispy treats if anyone can make them.  I know a bunch of people , (ok its me) that likes them and haven't had them in a while. Although, I have yet to find a person that doesn't like them.   :2thumbs:

you found one.  :lol:  :icon_smile_big:  Not that i matter, but wanted you to check that off your bucket list.  :lol:
Never could get into them myself. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

half stick of butter
1 package of marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups rice crispies

melt the butter then throw the marshmallows in there and melt that too. Mix in the rice crispies and then lay it out in a 9x13 pan or something similar.  let it sit for a bit.  cut it up and dole it out to the masses.

wanna get crazy, melt some chocolate on low and pour that on top and let it cool.

still don't like them though. ;D

dkn1997

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 18, 2010, 05:37:05 PM
half stick of butter
1 package of marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups rice crispies

melt the butter then throw the marshmallows in there and melt that too. Mix in the rice crispies and then lay it out in a 9x13 pan or something similar.  let it sit for a bit.  cut it up and dole it out to the masses.

wanna get crazy, melt some chocolate on low and pour that on top and let it cool.

still don't like them though. ;D

pencil me in for that
RECHRGED

Old Moparz

old moparz wife here (mary) were bringing, broccoli salad & bean salad. 
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

resq302

Hi Mary,

Sounds great!  Weather looks good, lawn and weeds across the street are mowed, house is looking good, yard is picked up!  All we need now is people and cars and we have a party! :cheers: :popcrn:
Brian

71ChallengeHer

The Daytona is fixed.  :cheers:  Rod brought my keys and bill over tonite.  :pity:

dkn1997

RECHRGED