News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It happened!!! It finally happened!!!

Started by RD, December 17, 2005, 09:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

I graduated from college with my BS in Social Sciences today.  No career as of yet, I start graduate school in January 06.  Just wanted to let you all know not to boost my ego, but to share an achievement of mine with my internet family.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

red72chrgr

Nothing personal, just business

BLACKWOLF

LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

HAZZARDJOHN

Congrats! have a on me!   For me Graduation was both a releif and scary at the same time. The real world awaits.Welcome! ;)   Congrats again and good luck in whatever endevour you have chosen. ;D
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

Shakey

That is great news!  Best of luck in the near future!

Something I learned years ago:

if you love your job, you will never work another day in your life!

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

I know a few people that have a degree in BS, (I.E Mustanghater) :D :nana:

Seriously,   :2thumbs: :cheers: WAY TO GO!!! Congrads!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Moparz

Congrats!  :2thumbs:

So what do you want to be when you grow up?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

RD

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 18, 2005, 12:18:31 AM
Congrats!  :2thumbs:

when i graduate next december with my masters, I will begin working with the Department of Veteran's Affairs helping veteran's with disabilities find suitable employment after their service in the military.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: RD on December 18, 2005, 12:30:44 AM
Quote from: Old Moparz on December 18, 2005, 12:18:31 AM
Congrats!   :2thumbs:

when i graduate next december with my masters, I will begin working with the Department of Veteran's Affairs helping veteran's with disabilities find suitable employment after their service in the military.

Congrats, RD! :cheers:

Sounds like you've got a plan, and know what you want.

Also sounds like a rewarding career too! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Todd Wilson

Quote from: RD on December 17, 2005, 09:52:10 PM
I graduated from college with my BS in Social Sciences today.  

I have a BS   also!    :icon_smile_big:

Todd

moparguy01

Congrats buddy. now you can say you actually have a degree in BS. haha

2fast4u

Congrats RD!!   We should celebrate by doin' a smokey burnout!!!    ;D
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

GTX

Long hard road. Congrats! Enjoy a celebration.
It was anti climactic for me since I was older than many and deep in working already when it happened.

mikemopar

Hey man Congratulations for something a lot of us can only dream of accomplishing!

mikemopar

golden73

Steelman

"The only thing you leave, is your legacy"

BB1

Super RD, now we can just call you BSRD!   ;D

I just have a lousy AS.   :rotz:

The Kansas Mafia, getting smarter every day.

RD this flag is for you.   :icon_bs:     :lolexplode:
Delete my profile

firefighter3931

Way ta Go Jamey ! Got a couple of those as well (B.S.Science: Psychology/Sociology and Criminology). Good call on the post graduate studies   :thumbs: A buddy of mine just finished up his MSW and really enjoys his work out in the field.   :icon_smile_cool: I see good things in your future in the social work arena....keep at it brother !   :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

DC_1

Great!.......now alll you need to find is a women with her PhD.......(Pop Has Dough)....... and life will be great!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: cudahob3 on December 18, 2005, 10:00:47 AM

RD this flag is for you.  :icon_bs:   :lolexplode:
HHAAHAHA!! :smilielol: That could even be an avatar for a while! :lol:

Seriously though, that's way cool Man! :2thumbs:

Congratulations!! :boogie:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RD

thank you all for your kind words, it really is a blessing to share this with you all, and sydmoe, i do not think my wife would like your proposal :D :D  (even though? hmmm.... ah nevermind, that would get me in trouble).

6pkrunner

Hey!!! Congrats!! Education is never a burden to carry around. Hope it pans out for you and your undertakings. ;D

Darkness

Congrats dude. I bet you feel a little more relieved. Also, glad you're doing something to help other people that need help and looking for help. Just remember not to turn into the ones I hear stories about as far as VA Reps are concerned. Remember if weren't for the vets we wouldn't have the freedoms we have today.

BigBlackDodge

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

yellowcuda

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

ChgrSteve67

Something to be proud of.

Congratulations!

hemi68charger

Good for you!!!!  I wish I went to graduate school.. But as a BS graduate at age 31, I wanted a career.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Brock Samson

CB

great news, Jamey!
Hope you get what you longing for!
:thumbs:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

dart3404

RD

thank you Petar, Christian, Stratmaster, Jen, Troy, Steve, Shelly, here is a grad pic of me and my wife and daughter.

Charger_Fan

Good picture, you've got a great looking family. :yesnod:

Nice avatar too. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Congratulation! Are you in for more work now or less? I also got some college in after I was married. Ended up with two Associates degrees but no Bachelors. I didn't know what I wanted to do for a living until I was in my late 20s and by the time I got started doing it we had our first daughter and the income demands outpaced the pay that field could offer at the starting range. So I bailed out and became a diesel bus mechanic at nearly three times the pay, and they gave me another Associates degree.

RD

Quote from: bull on December 19, 2005, 11:46:19 AM
Congratulation! Are you in for more work now or less? I also got some college in after I was married. Ended up with two Associates degrees but no Bachelors. I didn't know what I wanted to do for a living until I was in my late 20s and by the time I got started doing it we had our first daughter and the income demands outpaced the pay that field could offer at the starting range. So I bailed out and became a diesel bus mechanic at nearly three times the pay, and they gave me another Associates degree.

i am in for less work, well at least i believe so, but I will not attest to that until it happens :D

ChgrSteve67

Less work, more responcibility.
Use your brain not your back.

Something like that.