News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

procharged 318

Started by kkingvette, June 21, 2010, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkingvette

im looking into building a new motor for my charger. my plan is to basically copy this build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,283.0.html. my plan is to add a procharger to this set up and drop in a richmond 5 speed with a dana 60 rear end. what are your guys thoughts?

Charger´69

Quote from: kkingvette on June 21, 2010, 05:33:35 PM
im looking into building a new motor for my charger. my plan is to basically copy this build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,283.0.html. my plan is to add a procharger to this set up and drop in a richmond 5 speed with a dana 60 rear end. what are your guys thoughts?

Nice plan  :2thumbs: If you´re going to add ProCharger to it, you should remember that you go enough low CR with it. It should be something 8.0-9.5:1 when super- or turbocharged if you want to have engine which works properly  :yesnod: I quess you knew this but I just wanted to remember you if you´re going to copy that build that you linked. I don´t know what CR is there used, but I assume it is something 10:1 or higher  ::)
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

kkingvette

i thought about that, id like to still be able to run pump gas as this car will mostly be a cruiser

kkingvette

now i cant make up my mind if i want to do a hemi or a procharged 318

Charger´69

Quote from: kkingvette on July 01, 2010, 02:00:42 PM
now i cant make up my mind if i want to do a hemi or a procharged 318

Hemi  :cheers: :2thumbs: It works better than charged engine  ;)

kkingvette

im leaning towards that now. Would it be better to just buy a mopar crate motor or have a engine built? i had a GM 502 crate motor and it was a piece of junk so im a little hesitant about the crate motor route

Charger´69

Quote from: kkingvette on July 01, 2010, 02:10:16 PM
im leaning towards that now. Would it be better to just buy a mopar crate motor or have a engine built? i had a GM 502 crate motor and it was a piece of junk so im a little hesitant about the crate motor route

Don´t know, last summer I had 383cid stroker engine built to my Paxton Supercharged Camaro and it was piece of junk  :brickwall: It broked when we was breaking in new cam, water and oil get mixed  :brickwall: But that block where it was builded was bad, so, with new block I think we wouldn´t have problems  :shruggy: Old block is always risk if not checked good before building  :scratchchin:

I just remember that then I decided that if I ever going to swap engine to any my car, I´ll buy ready crate engine  :icon_smile_big: Or then I´ll build engine myself, that was a mistake to have it build with "cheap" mechanic who didn´t rather to find good block before building  :RantExplode: