News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger interior Charcoal or Black

Started by TXcharger70, June 28, 2010, 06:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

What color did 70 dodge charger come with as far as it being Charcoal or Black. Cause i cant tell if my panels where black or charcoal. I ask this because on the legendary catalogue says that in 70 charger did not come with a black interior panels and now i am confused cause i was going to order my carpet as well and now not sure.

1BAD68

It was called charcoal but its just plain black, at least thats how my 70 was.

TXcharger70

so should i just order the carpet black as well as the panels or Charcoal all the way? What are you guys thoughts

Dodge Don

70 Charger seats are Charcoal/Black.......there were no "Black" seats. Carpet companion to this was Black. See here:
http://1970chargerregistry.com/Misc/color_upholstery/color_upholstery.html

1BAD68

I think what he's asking is whats the difference between the charcoal and the black.
When you think of charcoal you think of a lighter shade of black but for '70 its all just black even though they call it charcoal.
I went through the same thing with my 70 Charger.

TXcharger70

so did most of you go with the charcoal or did you just go ahead and just order black? oh same for the carpet?

694spdRT

I got a sample of the Charcoal carpet from Legendary and is definately not black. Looks more like dark grey to me.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

1BAD68

Here's a picture of my 70 R/T with original carpet, underneath was a trim tag listing it as charcoal.
When I got my replacement from Year One it was exactly the same, just plain black.

TXcharger70

Ok i think that helps me out i am just going black to be on the safe side and be done with it. Thanks guys for the help

TXcharger70

OK so i thought i made up my mind but i am being a bit of a girl and keep going back and forth. Would you guys go back with the charcoal or would you get black for the panels and seats

A383Wing

Quote from: 1BAD68 on June 29, 2010, 01:59:22 PM
Here's a picture of my 70 R/T with original carpet, underneath was a trim tag listing it as charcoal.
When I got my replacement from Year One it was exactly the same, just plain black.

I see you got a 66-67 armrest for your console as I did....  :2thumbs:

I ordered black carpet for our 70 as well...