News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PettyBird is a Closet Corvette guy!

Started by 70Sbird, June 30, 2010, 07:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

I just happened to take the afternoon off on Friday and wander around a Corvette show in St Charles IL (Chicago suburb).
Who do I see hawking his wares in a tent near the auction when he should be at home getting his wing cars back on the road??????
(at least it was Blue)
:nana:

Scott Faulkner

A383Wing

70Sbird

Quote from: A383Wing on June 30, 2010, 08:17:09 PM
I would drive it....53 or 54?
I think it was a '56, Beautiful car!
Doug was there with nine cars running across the auction block.

Scott Faulkner

pettybird

sumbitch i been had!

I have a new employer, The Motor Car Group.  www.motorcargroup.com

We have one of the nicest collections of cars for a place you've never heard of.  We found ourselves with no fewer than nine corvettes, so we went to Bloomington Gold in IL to send them through the Mecum auction.  We sold three, which wasn't thrilling, but the crowd simply wasn't there.  The car in the pic did go, though.

The car in the background is a '56, which is the first year for no mesh over the headlights (easy way to tell the early cars from the next batch.)  I'm holding up one of the flyers I made up for the sale.  it was a fun time despite me not really liking Corvettes or many Corvette people...  I told Scott it seems that crowd has a higher weenie-to-enthusiast ratio of any marque.  

...aaand I'm not the vette guy...post a pic, Scott!

70Sbird

So are you saying I was one of the weenies?  :-\

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 30, 2010, 07:51:49 PM
I just happened to take the afternoon off on Friday and wander around a Corvette show in St Charles IL (Chicago suburb).
Who do I see hawking his wares in a tent near the auction when he should be at home getting his wing cars back on the road??????
(at least it was Blue)
:nana:

I knew there was something wrong with that boy    :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70Sbird

Quote from: pettybird on June 30, 2010, 09:01:00 PM

...aaand I'm not the vette guy...post a pic, Scott!

Ok Doug, I'll 'fess up. Since we are in full disclosure mode I suppose I'll "come out" as well
I was actually a participant in the show.
I brought my "other" car to this event.
Doug doesn't like my hubcaps though.

Scott Faulkner

1970Moparmann

How big is that show?  I was thinking about going this year to check it out, but of course the weekend just flew by......
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

pettybird

it's huge.  not kidding.

and I started the Daytona with the key for the first time tonight, and had throttle control from the cockpit--two things I didn't have before.  so  :nana: .

hotrod98

From a distant past multiple Corvette owner, I have to admit that there are actually three good days in the life of a Corvette owner if you count the first car show. We all know the other two.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

marty42

Thanks.  that is a great picture.  The Daytona is running but the battery not charging.  Another puzzle for Doug.  It sounds mean, though

PocketThunder

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 30, 2010, 11:30:58 PM
From a distant past multiple Corvette owner, I have to admit that there are actually three good days in the life of a Corvette owner if you count the first car show. We all know the other two.  ;D

When you buy it and when you sell it?  I've heard that old saying applies to boats also.   :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dave Kanofsky

You boys were up in my neck of the woods and didn't drop me a line, I see how it is...

You corvette guys are all alike! :nana:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on June 30, 2010, 09:01:00 PM
sumbitch i been had!

I have a new employer, The Motor Car Group.  www.motorcargroup.com

Congrad's Doug......  :2thumbs:   A job is a job............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on July 01, 2010, 09:03:06 AM
You boys were up in my neck of the woods and didn't drop me a line, I see how it is...

You corvette guys are all alike! :nana:

I didn't have a car!  I was supposed to, but it didn't pan out.  Trust me--I thought about it, but I forgot where you lived, and Chicago's a BIG metro area.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on June 30, 2010, 11:27:33 PM
it's huge.  not kidding.

and I started the Daytona with the key for the first time tonight, and had throttle control from the cockpit--two things I didn't have before.  so  :nana: .
we need updated pictures of marty   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on July 01, 2010, 11:33:32 AM
Quote from: pettybird on June 30, 2010, 11:27:33 PM
it's huge.  not kidding.

we need updated pictures of marty   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

very soon.  not much looks different, but I'll be comprehensive about it.