News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 all lefts and one right rocker

Started by tick68charger, July 15, 2010, 10:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tick68charger

I have a 68 charger r/t 440 hp2 motor 67 915 closed chamberd heads.  My question is  should I have a left and a right rocker per cylinder ?
I have a hollow tick comming up the intake and out the carb.  I pulled the valve covers and seen all left rockers and one right.  Some of the
push rods are rubbing on the wall of the head.  When I bought the car it was in pieces and I did a ground up on her.  When I look at the
rocker all the dimpels for the push rods are on the right side of the rocker accept for one which is on the left.  :rotz:

firefighter3931

Yep, you have mismatched rocker arms which will cause pushrod interference with the cylinder head (rubbing)  :P

Why not buy a set of HD stamped rockers ? Mancini has the whole set for a reasonable price and these are reinforced in the cup area for additional strength.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

tick68charger

Thanks for the advice, I will order new rockers left and right and some new push rods.