News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chipping a newer Charger 6.1?

Started by Arnie Cunningham, June 25, 2010, 05:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie Cunningham

Hey all,

Are there any threads on here about performance chip upgrades for a newer Charger with the 6.1?  I used the search but came up empty.  A friend asked about this and I had to honestly say I don't know as the newest car I own is a 1981 lol.

Anyone have any good experiences or links to sources?

Thanks,
Brennan R. Cook
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Ghoste

I can't recall there being any serious discussion on here about it.  Rolling Thunder may have some ideas (or some of the others that have played around with the newer stuff) but your best bet is likely going to be off one of the LX forums.

Rolling_Thunder

Chips are not worth it...   all they do is skew the sensor inputs and alter little things...

Best bet would be get a Diablo Predator and play with it...   it allows rpm limiter, timing, fuel, and other things to be altered -  it will also save your stock settings - if it needs a smog check restore the old program and then just plug back in your performance stuff

The Star Scan is the factory computer maching and it has extended abilities like security features, reprogramming the PCM via VIN numbers and things like that - adjusting headlights and brake bleeding...      I recently acquired access to one so I am going to start playing with my PCM pretty quick...     see if I cant brake 475hp with my hemi
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

maxwellwedge

Agree - I went with the Diablo as well....you can try their site.

Arnie Cunningham

Thanks for the prompt replies.
I will forward the information.
475 would be a nice round number. :scratchchin:
Brennan
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.