News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint in Houston?

Started by RamZCharger, June 28, 2010, 05:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamZCharger

Gents,

My 68 Charger will be undergoing a total resto-mod-ration this fall and unfortunately the guy I had lined up to paint her is backing out.  Are there any recommendations for a painter / shop in the Houston vicinity.  I will be delivering the shell, and expect there to be some detail bodywork also required.  Many thanks  :2thumbs:,

Darren

TexasStroker

Yes...Dave.

I can't remember his exact user name, but I think it is 68RRFlyer...

He has the QQ1 Roadrunner you can probably find on cardomain and I believe had a 68 Charger he picked up as well...Great work and a reputable guy...He spent a lot of time asking my stupid novice questions online, so in person he must be even better to work with  :2thumbs:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

RamZCharger

Thanks for the reply.

Good 'ol Dave, he's my builder.  We've decided to hire this part out, and I "thought" I had a guy lined up that I trust.  Seems I've dropped the ball on this one, and am in the research mode, like we all need something new to obsess about on our cars.

She goes to paint approximately Q1 next year, so I'm trying to get ahead of that ball I've dropped.

Has anyone worked with Bruce's Hot Rod Shop?  Or Rods and Customs by Leon?

To entice responses here's a picture of my car for the more visual of us.  This pic is hugely flattering of my car, she needs some work.  Again, many thanks for the help, Darren.

TexasStroker

Nice!

If ya'll opted to farm the paint out, the only places I'd know would be up this direction...Not sure you want to involve a 12 hr drive to Amarillo to get the Charger painted...but if you get that desperate let me know.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

charge69

Paint in Houston?  Are you going single-stage?  MY friend is shooting single-stage (PPg DAR #2029) or R6 Red on my car. Just bought  a new gun to try out for the paint.  Getting pretty burnt out working on the car but might paint yours , depending on how many issues it has.  He does NOT paint base/clear at this time. It is not cheap!

Will your car be ready to paint-only or will there still be metal work left to do?

P.S.    Very slow in answering as this darned TIA has me frustrated.   MY car has a R6 Red body , white vinyl top , white R/T stripe and white interior.

RamZCharger

Thanks for the responses.

I plan on having the condition of the car to the point of only needing some block sanding to make sure razor straight.  No metal work, just some fine tuning so whoever gets it will keep their torch in the closet.  Rear quarters will be replaced so fingers crossed she won't need a ton of attention when it's time for spray.

Looking for base / clearcoat, with a painted stripe.  I like the special order '68 Silver Poly color, with black R/T stripe.  I believe the code is AA1 Monotone Silver.

charge69

Ha just found this thread!

Good luck on your restoration and it will look awesome. My friend just does not shoot Base/Clear and it will be a little hard finding someone around Houston to do it.  Actually, it should not be too hard and finding someone to shoot a  single-stage paint will be harder. People just do not paint with single-stage paint anymore. Guess mine will be old-school.