News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Smokey And The Bandit remake in the works

Started by TruckDriver, June 21, 2010, 06:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

How about a Bullet remake with Woody Allen in Steve McQueen's part driving a Prius lowrider chasing two bad guys in a Fiero?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Khyron

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 23, 2010, 08:18:28 AM
Quite a few people never heard of DMCL either !!!!!

don't give them any idea's o.O

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 68charger383 on June 22, 2010, 11:26:06 PM
On a side note, it looks like John Carpenter is selling out all his classics for re-makes: They Live and Escape From NY remakes are currently in production.

That's not right either. You can't replace Kurt Russel in Escape From NY. I just see the new movie being overly violent compared to the original. And that is never necessary.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mike DC

QuoteThat's not right either. You can't replace Kurt Russel in Escape From NY. I just see the new movie being overly violent compared to the original. And that is never necessary.

Probably right.  The original was visually cool and just has a certain mood to it.

I've heard they're actually making NYC look normal this time.  Apparently it was a cost cutting measure.  And that idea (that doing a bombed-out looking NYC costs too much) seems utterly absurd to me.  Between computer effects and the easily available supply of messed up American cityscapes, I don't get it. 

In 1981 they filmed most of the original movie in northern St. Louis.  I can tell you that area of STL has still got some pretty rough spots. 

Brock Lee

Quote from: 694spdRT on June 22, 2010, 08:48:33 AM
Well, the 2nd and 3rd movies sucked so why not a 4th.  ::)

LMFAO! No doubt! People forget though that this will not be the first attempt to bring it back. There was also a piss poor 90's attempt to revisit the Bandit with Hal Needham called "Bandit: Bandit Bandit". Bo Duke played Sheriff Buford Enright, whom was hot on the trail of Bandit.

Charger´69

If they are going to make remake, why the hell they don´t use Trans Am Burt Reynolds edition..?!  :shruggy:

http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/home/tabid/54/default.aspx

That TA is f*cking cool!!!  :cheers: :2thumbs:

Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

moparstuart

Quote from: Charger´69 on June 23, 2010, 04:43:17 PM
If they are going to make remake, why the hell they don´t use Trans Am Burt Reynolds edition..?!  :shruggy:

http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/home/tabid/54/default.aspx

That TA is f*cking cool!!!  :cheers: :2thumbs:

make burt , play the buford cop role 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

The original is a classic and my favorite movie of all time. When I restored my '77 SE I must have watched it 50 times to get details right.
69 4speed Does yours have T-Tops ?

694spdRT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 23, 2010, 07:23:00 PM

The original is a classic and my favorite movie of all time. When I restored my '77 SE I must have watched it 50 times to get details right.
69 4speed Does yours have T-Tops ?

T-Tops and a 4 speed too.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

aussiemuscle

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 21, 2010, 08:24:32 PM
Or making a continuation of it,meaning the "soul" of the car gets brought back into another make/model cause that could be understandable to not use a 58 Fury and use something else

damn. i knew recycling was a bad idea.

HOTROD

Sounds like a bunch of BS BS if you can`t make a Movie the right way (remakes) I hope they loose money!!
any way I whould make a better Burt Reynolds in anny remake !! :2thumbs:
What the Hell-Dumass !

miller

The articles in question were written 1.5 and 2 years ago. Gauging by the time from production to release of other movies of this genre such as Fast and Furious, to would make sense that we would see something other than a few 2 year old articles by now. Also imdb and wikipedia do not have Smokey and the Bandit under Jack Black's filmography. My guess is the movie fell through a while ago.

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

MichaelRW

I prefer this option. What's wrong with a little grey hair?

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........