News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

imports vs Dodge Charger

Started by snagm z, June 26, 2010, 06:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagm z

This week a Friend of mine son came over and showed me his new used car.  95 Nissan, toyota, honda i dont remember. He decided to do lots of aftermarket crap upgrades. Then he took me for a ride. i have to give credit where credit is due. It was nice. Then he decided to start talking crap.He said that his car would give my 71 rt some problems and any mopar in general. i laughed and said OOOOOOOOOOOK. So to defend the honor of us all. I told him i could beat him with a SLANT 6. He laughed and said u wanna bet.  So it looks like its on like Donkey Kong.  I will be building a turbo slant six with efi. His father being a ford guy in all is going to make sure he honors the bet.I was thinking that was going to be my next build anyway something to make a daily kind of vehicle better gas milage and all.  If i win He has to but a decal on his rear windshield that says i got beat by a six cylinder mopar untill he Graduates from school. If he wins, he gets my old dirt bike. which i never use it anymore. Any suggestions would be appreciated. there is some stuff floating around on ebay. Carslie is in a week or so i will be sure to let u know how it goes    
I should have picked bowling as a hobby.
Darn mopar B bodies it's an illness.
Theres always room for one more Charger

Finn

HAHA! This is going to be fun!  :popcrn:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

FLG

mikesbbody

Looks like he's in for a ass kickin!  :2thumbs:

Silver R/T

just punk kid, I ignore those trolls
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Axels73Charger

Cool! This is something I'd love to see! So as FLG said. Stroked or Turbo'd? Good luck and tell us the out come! :2thumbs:
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

FLG

Quote from: Axels73Charger on June 26, 2010, 07:21:58 PM
Cool! This is something I'd love to see! So as FLG said. Stroked or Turbo'd? Good luck and tell us the out come! :2thumbs:

Stroked AND Turbo'ed  :2thumbs:

Cooter

So in the interest of fair, does the "punk kid" get a Turbo upgrade as well?

I'm thinkin' the "punk kid" thinks it's gonna be a stock engine against a stock engine (Normally Aspirated)...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

As I read it, it sounds like the Nissan is already modified?

Axels73Charger

Oh I read too fast. "AND" either way it'll be cool!
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

BIRD67

I'd start with a Scamp or Dart.. with no options.. bench seat, manual brakes, steering then stuff a turbo'ed slanty in there  :2thumbs: Go for it, you only live once!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

bull

Khyron

Quote from: Silver R/T on June 26, 2010, 07:04:52 PM
just punk kid, I ignore those trolls

agreed, My answer to that is I have no reason to waste the gas.... If I win, big deal, a big block won, if they win <I don't hook, or whatever> 40 year new technology beat my old push rod motor  ::)

no way to win, even if you win, Turbo /6 motors have been done, it's nice, but pushing the wieght of a 71 is no easy task.

Wish you the best of luck though.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Arthu®

Good luck, you better build a very strong slant six. I hope you win, but 40 years of technological advancement + a lighter car will not be easy to beat.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

derailed

95 nissan, toyota or whatever leaves a wide variety of cars it could be but anyways sounds like a fun grudge match though. I think a lot of people assume that some of those cars are a lot lighter than old muscle cars. A friend of mine has a VW jetta believe its an 07 and the curb weight comes in 300 pounds less than my 67 Pontiac Lemans. I guess all that newer technology along with the body reinforcements of the newer cars adds up as far as weight goes. A lot of those imports are very fast these days but it seems like these guys can never get them to hook and when they do you end up with a 20 minute intermission while they sweep the parts off the track.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

DodgeByDave

Horsepower to weight ratio.

JT-9 on a tricycle should net a win against anything he could throw at you.

For sale:
Pratt& Whitney JT9-7R4E engine, out of service 3100 cycles remaining
III, we are everywhere

lisiecki1

check this place out:

http://www.cliffordperformance.net/

Quote from: derailed on June 28, 2010, 04:01:02 AM
95 nissan, toyota or whatever leaves a wide variety of cars it could be but anyways sounds like a fun grudge match though. I think a lot of people assume that some of those cars are a lot lighter than old muscle cars. A friend of mine has a VW jetta believe its an 07 and the curb weight comes in 300 pounds less than my 67 Pontiac Lemans. I guess all that newer technology along with the body reinforcements of the newer cars adds up as far as weight goes. A lot of those imports are very fast these days but it seems like these guys can never get them to hook and when they do you end up with a 20 minute intermission while they sweep the parts off the track.

True.  My 89 N/A Supra with me in it is right at 3600 lbs with a quarter tank of gas, my 88 turbo 5 speed supra is about 3800....
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Cooter

Bottom line is, While I don't like MOST of the "Punk kids" that ride the coat tails of some of the $80K cars on YouTube, and don't perticularly care for the Import cars, you have give it to these guys..They have their sh*t together with forced induction and being able to put over 700 HP through the stock internals (Trans').....While most are slow off the line, some will show you the bottom the car like the 5.0 guys do.... A guy here at work has run a best of 10.01 @ 136 MPH with a $10,500.00 car(Mitsubishi)....Now you tell me again how the hell your gonna do that with a HEMI that costs about twice that just to own the engine? 

lisiecki1

Quote from: Cooter on June 29, 2010, 11:53:05 AM
Bottom line is, While I don't like MOST of the "Punk kids" that ride the coat tails of some of the $80K cars on YouTube, and don't perticularly care for the Import cars, you have give it to these guys..They have their sh*t together with forced induction and being able to put over 700 HP through the stock internals (Trans').....While most are slow off the line, some will show you the bottom the car like the 5.0 guys do.... 

This is why I keep to myself with my supras.  Believe me, if I could turn them both tomorrow for enough money to finish the Charger, I'd start waving bye bye to them right now.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

FLG

There are a few tuner cars I like, supras being one of em.

After the charger is done, college, and I've got a better paying job I plan on doing a tuner build. I want to do a 240sx with a s15 front on it, under the hood a twin turboed stroked 6.1 hemi.