News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Giant statue of Jesus destroyed by Lightning

Started by 451-74Charger, June 15, 2010, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 16, 2010, 03:28:41 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 16, 2010, 11:43:14 AM
Quote from: resq302 on June 16, 2010, 10:57:18 AM
Holy crap!  $250,000 and now costs $700,000?!?!?!?!?! :o  That thing better be made out of titanium for that price.  The life sized bronze statue of a fully suited up fireman carrying a child only cost $80,000.

skip the child part and maybe use this one instead?..??   :shruggy:   :shruggy:   :shruggy:

Nice pic.  :D

Which reminds me, my uncle was a fireman in NYC & has some great stories. Timing is everything, he retired in the summer of 2001 & not too long before 9-11.

I like this statue....

chester the molester
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on June 16, 2010, 03:31:15 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on June 16, 2010, 03:28:41 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 16, 2010, 11:43:14 AM
Quote from: resq302 on June 16, 2010, 10:57:18 AM
Holy crap!  $250,000 and now costs $700,000?!?!?!?!?! :o  That thing better be made out of titanium for that price.  The life sized bronze statue of a fully suited up fireman carrying a child only cost $80,000.

skip the child part and maybe use this one instead?..??   :shruggy:   :shruggy:   :shruggy:

Nice pic.  :D

Which reminds me, my uncle was a fireman in NYC & has some great stories. Timing is everything, he retired in the summer of 2001 & not too long before 9-11.

I like this statue....

chester the molester

Apparently it's in some park. I posted it on another site once & someone told me the name, but I forget it.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi-hampton

Every time I drive back & forth from Detroit to Huntsville Alabama I see that Staue off I-75. Coincedently just drove by it 2 weeks ago. Now it's gone. Eerie feeling.  LEON.

0X01B8

Quote from: 451-74Charger on June 16, 2010, 10:31:08 AM
The statue and the building were insured

One thing that stands out is Nationwide in-surance.
You know, they got that more than 30 years ago.
They still carry it today because no matter what changes, whether it's teenagers being added to their policies, or if a 62' foot tall Jesus statue happens to burn up in a horrific, toxic fireball, with an on-your-side review, they get the coverage they need, at the right price for them.

You and me both, Jesus.

derailed

Sorry, claim denied. It was an act of God.

greenpigs

They should have used the money for something more useful than that eye sore.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

elacruze

Quote from: greenpigs on June 19, 2010, 02:41:17 PM
They should have used the money for something more useful than that eye sore.

Like feeding orphans or sheltering the huddled masses? I always hated that thing. I'm sure the Muslims with the enormous Mosque up by Toledo are laughing their asses off.

:brickwall: willnotpostinreligiousthreads :brickwall: willnotpostinreligiousthreads :brickwall: willnotpostinreligiousthreads

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

89MOPAR

And stuff like this is one of the many reasons i think churches and their land SHOULD BE TAXED like any other business.

Their just in the business of selling God.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

derailed

Quote from: 89MOPAR on June 26, 2010, 11:14:28 AM

And stuff like this is one of the many reasons i think churches and their land SHOULD BE TAXED like any other business.

Absolutely, Ive been saying this for a long time. Getting tired of seeing these huge ugly things going up all over the place lately around where I live on what use to be these peaceful 10 acre lots. Tax shelters

Brock Lee

Quote from: 89MOPAR on June 26, 2010, 11:14:28 AM

AMEN!

chargergirl

ohmmmmm and amen. I would rather see hungry folks fed...and yes I am a Christian. I think money is best spread around...encouraging things to grow!
Trust your Woobie!