News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

caring for vinyl top

Started by AmadeusCharger500, December 16, 2005, 03:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

Can anyone give some good product tips on cleaning and caring for a black vinyl top. Mine is a year old and it starts to look bad unless I put something on it. I think I made a mistake in using armorall on it. It looked great for the 1st day and then it just looks all dull and dingy. Are their products that are meant for vinyl tops that aren't water based like the armorall?

Thanks,
AC

NHCharger

PM 70 Battle Horse. He showed me some stuff he was using and loves it. Can't remember the name, Back to black or something like that.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

RTPTRON

I think it was Charging Lizard or somebody on this site that put me and others onto Coconut Creme Protectant from Carnu-B back a couple of years ago.

I have been using it and love it since then.  You can get more information and order from ftp://www.carnu-b.com

THE CHARGER PUNK

yeah what was that something back in black i remembe buying a bottle for my dad for our upper door pads and they look jet black now and great!!!-MATT

AmadeusCharger500

Thanks everyone.
I hope I am correct in assuming it is the coconut creme protectant that I should purchase? It says it is a conditioner for vinyl leather and rubber.

TruckDriver

Someone here turned me onto 303 Products Vinyl Protectant.

http://www.303products.com/main.php
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RTPTRON

Quote from: AmadeusCharger500 on December 17, 2005, 08:18:53 AM
Thanks everyone.
I hope I am correct in assuming it is the coconut creme protectant that I should purchase? It says it is a conditioner for vinyl leather and rubber.

That is what I use

Shakey

I heard Vinylex by Lexol.  Top notch stuff, so I am told!