News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP! My Survivor Charger 1 Damn Deer 0

Started by PocketThunder, June 24, 2010, 08:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITSA426

That sucks Paul.  Hagerty's was great with the only claim I ever filed with them.  They even paid me to fix it rather than ship the car to the only other guy I trust for my repairs.  At least everything's available for it. Just $$$$.

bull

Well, at least the blood offers some consolation because if that empty-headed critter wasn't dead after I hit him he would have been shortly after. :2guns: I don't know what it is with those stupid deer that causes them to sit off the side of the road until you get right up to them and then they bounce out into the road. I've seen it happen first-hand too many times.

Anyway, sorry it happened. I'd say the hood can be saved (by a good body shop) and possibly the grille too if you have all the pieces. I wouldn't buy anything until you take it all part, clean it up, lay it out on the floor and get a good look at it.

richRTSE

Sorry to hear about this Paul, what a shame... Was there any damage to the cowl area? Sometimes the hood can get pushed back and cause damage there too. It looks like the valence and turn signals are okay, the bumper doesn't look too bad either. Hopefully you'll be able to get it back on the road before summer's gone. I know it's not much of a consolation, but it could have been alot worse. Glad you weren't hurt, but sorry your Charger was...

Rich

PocketThunder

Quote from: richRTSE on June 24, 2010, 08:53:21 PM
Sorry to hear about this Paul, what a shame... Was there any damage to the cowl area? Sometimes the hood can get pushed back and cause damage there too. It looks like the valence and turn signals are okay, the bumper doesn't look too bad either. Hopefully you'll be able to get it back on the road before summer's gone. I know it's not much of a consolation, but it could have been alot worse. Glad you weren't hurt, but sorry your Charger was...

Rich

Thanks Rich,
Just think, if i would have bought your car last summer instead of the Cali R/T!   :o

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 24, 2010, 06:06:08 PM
OH SHIT !  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Oh Shit is right. .   If only i had a '72 Imperial to drive while my car was being fixed...  :angel:   :angel: :angel: :angel: :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NHCharger

Damn, sorry to see that.
This just re-enforces my thinking of never owning nothing better than a nice driver.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

694spdRT

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 24, 2010, 09:05:53 PM

Oh Shit is right. .   If only i had a '72 Imperial to drive while my car was being fixed...  :angel:   :angel: :angel: :angel: :icon_smile_big:

If you had been driving a '72 Imperial that day you probably wouldn't have even knew you hit a deer.  :D
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

richRTSE

Thanks Rich,
Just think, if i would have bought your car last summer instead of the Cali R/T!   :o

Actually, I had a deer run out in front of my Charger a couple weeks ago, at 3 in the afternoon.  :o Luckily, it was far enough in front of me that I just had to slow down a bit. Definately scary though...

chargergirl

No spare parts here for that year...wish I did have. Sorry bout your car...stupid deer!
Trust your Woobie!

vancamp

man i hate to see your car bunged up. good luck with insurance and getting her fixed up.

bill440rt

Uuuuggghhhh. I just puked on my keyboard.  :puke: :puke: :puke:

Damn, that sucks to see things like that happen. I'm curious too, to see how things work out with Hagerty. I have American Collector's handling my loss now, but it's always good to compare notes.

Wish you the best. I'll keep my ears low for parts for you.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Darkman

It is tough seeing that! I feel your pain!

You guys have deers to deal with, we have kangaroos. They suck big time when you hit them. You don't want one just after they bounce as they can end up through your window.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

resq302

Ive had 2 claims with Hagerty.  Once when my car fell off of our 4 post lift when I was redoing the front suspension.  They had a check to me in a week!  Fantastic company to deal with and was always there for me when I had a question about something. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Darkman

What about the 2nd time  :scratchchin:  :rofl:

It is good to hear good insurance company stories. There's nothing worse than having your pride and joy banged up and then your insurance  :nutkick: . I am insured with a great company (a little dearer than most, but they are great so well worth the extra $$$). I don't think they'll insure my Charger though so time to find another good one
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: richRTSE on June 24, 2010, 08:53:21 PM

Rich

Thanks Rich,

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 24, 2010, 06:06:08 PM
OH SHIT !  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Well, Paul the Imperial is still here... :nana:

Waiting... :scratchchin:

If you had been driving the Imperial, you could have cut a wide swath through a

herd of those damned things, and not even known it.

It sucks about your car.

Now... get it fixed  :slap: :smilielol:

tan top

been away for a few days  !! just seen this   :'(  awwoo no damn Paul sorry to see this ! :cryin: :cryin: ,  thats a bummer ! caught the hood ! pitty it was not a little lower ! although that would be still bad ! ,  just trying to think , no matter what your going to be painting the hood !! , even with cutting out part of the inner frame to repair the outer skin , then weld the inner back  :scratchchin: .... :shruggy: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

FlatbackFanatic

That really sucks Paul!!! Glad your OK. Hopefully you got some good venison steaks out of it. :lol: Good luck on the repairs.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

moparstuart

do you have a shop lined up yet  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

:icon_smile_blackeye:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

:icon_smile_blackeye:

bakerhillpins

:'(

Did the hood get pushed back into the cowl or is the damage confined to the front? Hows things going on the insurance front?

Do I spy a red road runner in the garage?  :scope:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

hemi68charger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 28, 2010, 08:06:15 AM
:'(

Did the hood get pushed back into the cowl or is the damage confined to the front? Hows things going on the insurance front?

Do I spy a red road runner in the garage?  :scope:

Looks like a '70/'71 Chevelle?

Paul, hope things are working out with the insurance.............. 
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

70 Chevelle SS 454 4-speed, it belongs to a friend of mine from work.  I'm storing it for him. 

I pulled my radiator over the weekend, i'll get that fixed this week, then i can drive the car to a couple shops and get a few estimates, then i can submit them to Hagerty for approval.  Then once i get a check i can start buying parts and get it fixed. 

Paul

bakerhillpins

Yea, I though it might be a that too when I looked at the stripes but I thought, Paul? A chevy in the garage? Na...  :hah:

Figured someone was putting their own paint on a 70 runner.

Never really realized how much the lines of those 2 cars share in the back along the top.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

RIDELIKEHELL

My worst fear is something like this...sorry to see this !! Hope you get it fixed right.

Marc
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73