News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP! My Survivor Charger 1 Damn Deer 0

Started by PocketThunder, June 24, 2010, 08:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

:bawling: Man that really blows. Hope that you were not hurt in the incident. Get her fixed up and back on the road and leave it behind you.

Quote from: moparstuart on June 24, 2010, 11:36:37 AM
  wayne hit another deer last year with his hemi daytona    
 thread              http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,58652.0.html

Wayne seems to have the right attitude about it. Looks like he isn't getting his repaired though.

Good luck and I will spend a few searching for some parts for ya.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

moparstuart

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 24, 2010, 11:49:15 AM
:bawling: Man that really blows. Hope that you were not hurt in the incident. Get her fixed up and back on the road and leave it behind you.

thread              http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,58652.0.html

Wayne seems to have the right attitude about it. Looks like he isn't getting his repaired though.

wayne had the car repaired and back on the road with in a couple months last year , I was the sadistic bastard who put the raindeer under his car and took pictures  LOL

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

my buddy rod has restored grilles in stock
     email him    gswrestorations@aol.com(gswrestorations@aol.com)
  thread              http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,58652.0.html

Actually i just sent him an extra woodgrain steering wheel that i had laying around and he said if there was anything i needed down the road just let him know, i guess Karma is working for me this time.   :angel: 

I sent him an e-mail, thanks Stu.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 24, 2010, 11:57:21 AM
my buddy rod has restored grilles in stock
     email him    gswrestorations@aol.com(gswrestorations@aol.com)
  thread              http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,58652.0.html

Actually i just sent him an extra woodgrain steering wheel that i had laying around and he said if there was anything i needed down the road just let him know, i guess Karma is working for me this time.   :angel: 

I sent him an e-mail, thanks Stu.
i just saw him sunday at the columbia missouri  fathers day show and he had a beautiful 69 grille there for sales . He does awesome work . 

resq302

Quote from: moparstuart on June 24, 2010, 11:52:32 AM

wayne had the car repaired and back on the road with in a couple months last year , I was the sadistic bastard who put the raindeer under his car and took pictures  LOL

You sick (but funny as hell!) bastard.    :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bakerhillpins

Quote from: resq302 on June 24, 2010, 12:20:29 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 24, 2010, 11:52:32 AM

You sick (but funny as hell!) bastard.    :smilielol:

:ohhthesarcasm: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jeryst

Quote from: Ghoste on June 24, 2010, 09:05:56 AM
A survivor car I'd be shooting for NOS parts too.  Sure sad to see those pics.

So what are the rules for a survivor? I heard that if you have any repaints, or new parts, it is no longer considered a survivor for judging purposes.
How do NOS parts, and/or repairs fit into the definition of a survivor?

hemi68charger

Quote from: jeryst on June 24, 2010, 12:49:34 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 24, 2010, 09:05:56 AM
A survivor car I'd be shooting for NOS parts too.  Sure sad to see those pics.

So what are the rules for a survivor? I heard that if you have any repaints, or new parts, it is no longer considered a survivor for judging purposes.
How do NOS parts, and/or repairs fit into the definition of a survivor?

It's about 80-85% of the original paint (if it's a vinyl top, you take that into consideration as well in the overall exterior variable) and I believe pretty much all the interior. Of course, original motor and tranny need to be in the car.... If the hood was the only thing to be replaced, paint-wise, it may be concerned.......... it'll be a tough call but plausible.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

General_01

That totally sucks Paul. Hope you are able to find what you need. Sounds like you have a good start just by reading the responses from everyone.

Wish I had something you could use.  :shruggy:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

PocketThunder

Quote from: General_01 on June 24, 2010, 01:12:46 PM
That totally sucks Paul. Hope you are able to find what you need. Sounds like you have a good start just by reading the responses from everyone.

Why dont you borrow me your Charger while mines in the shop!  I promise i wont drive it like you do.  :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:   :yesnod:    :whistling: :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General_01

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 24, 2010, 01:16:15 PM
Quote from: General_01 on June 24, 2010, 01:12:46 PM

Why dont you borrow me your Charger while mines in the shop!  I promise i wont drive it like you do.  :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:   :yesnod:    :whistling: :drive:

:rofl: :rofl: Yea, right! NOT!!!  :icon_smile_big:

FYI, I got my hood back from the bead blaster Tuesday night. Now i just gotta fix the dings and paint it.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

694spdRT

Well, that is rotten luck.  :brickwall: At least you didn't get hurt or go off the road.

Hope you can get her back together soon. I will be curious to see how Hagerty handles the claim as I have them as well. Just when I was getting the courage to start driving mine more you go and give me this scare. JK
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

moparstuart

Quote from: 694spdRT on June 24, 2010, 01:34:31 PM
Well, that is rotten luck.  :brickwall: At least you didn't get hurt or go off the road.

Hope you can get her back together soon. I will be curious to see how Hagerty handles the claim as I have them as well. Just when I was getting the courage to start driving mine more you go and give me this scare. JK
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  yes keep us updated on the insurance angle

twodko

Paul, that's just awful man! Thankfully you're OK. I have a couple driver's side grille "C" moldings but that's not going to help much. You can have them if you want. Hagerty will treat you right, I insure through them and you'll have no worries. You may have seen these but in "parts for sale" there are 2 freshly restored complete 69 grille assemblies so please take a look. I'll scour my shop and see if I might have anything else you can use. The only up side to this besides your being OK is venison steaks? Good luck buddy.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

lukendan

Wow...That makes me ill. Glad your ok as well. Nice chat'in with you. I look forward to you getting back on the road soon.

grdprx

PocketThunder

Quote from: twodko on June 24, 2010, 02:47:46 PM
Paul, that's just awful man! Thankfully you're OK. I have a couple driver's side grille "C" moldings but that's not going to help much. You can have them if you want. Hagerty will treat you right, I insure through them and you'll have no worries. You may have seen these but in "parts for sale" there are 2 freshly restored complete 69 grille assemblies so please take a look. I'll scour my shop and see if I might have anything else you can use. The only up side to this besides your being OK is venison steaks? Good luck buddy.

Tom

All i had for knives on me was my little pocket Gerber Shortcut on my key chain and i wasnt going to try and cut the back straps out with that thing.  I should have grabbed my buck knife when i was back home and stopped back and cut them out.   :drool5:   :drool5:

And thanks for all the help everyone!  I have had numerous messages and e-mails from members telling me where to get parts that they have found already.  You guys are good people.   :yesnod:   :yesnod:   :2thumbs:

Paul

Ya know moparstu, i could sure use a 68 Dodge Camper special to go pick up all the parts i need.   let me work that into my estimate somehow... :whistling:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Man Paul, really sorry to see this...are you going to try and save the outer sheetmetal & possibly just do spot respraying?   
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 24, 2010, 03:38:57 PM
Man Paul, really sorry to see this...are you going to try and save the outer sheetmetal & possibly just do spot respraying?   

If it's possible you probably should, right?  I mean to keep the survivor status in place?

Charger-Bodie

That really sucks Paul! It just sucks.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nh_mopar_fan

That sucks. Hope the insurance goes smoothly.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on June 24, 2010, 03:54:40 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 24, 2010, 03:38:57 PM

If it's possible you probably should, right?  I mean to keep the survivor status in place?

Yes, as of right now i will try to keep as much of the cars original condition intact and undisturbed.

Matthan

PocketThunder