News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP! My Survivor Charger 1 Damn Deer 0

Started by PocketThunder, June 24, 2010, 08:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercharged Riot

I see blood & guts lol
Sorry to hear about that man

But those pics are priceless.

I hate to have that happen to any charger though.
Get it fixed man.

TUFCAT

Just curious, how much of the car is getting painted and they are going to try the tint to match method?

GPULLER

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 15, 2010, 10:04:52 AM
Insurance Company just called and they approved the estimate..   :2thumbs:

Now time to get to work.

How did the insurance company handle the estimates?  Did you give them all 3 or just one from where you'll be getting the car fixed the car.
In Minnesota you can take your car anywhere you want to get fixed.  No need to get 3 estimates.  Its illegal for insurance companies to "steer" you to a shop they want.

PocketThunder

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 16, 2010, 10:52:57 AM
Just curious, how much of the car is getting painted and they are going to try the tint to match method?

Only the replacement hood and the tops of fenders and half way down the side to the molding thats on there for now.  Hopefully they can match it.  Nothing will happen till the fall time anyways, i'm driving the car for the rest of the summer just the way it is.   :drive:

Quote from: GPULLER on July 16, 2010, 11:32:09 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on July 15, 2010, 10:04:52 AM
Insurance Company just called and they approved the estimate..   :2thumbs:

Now time to get to work.

How did the insurance company handle the estimates?  Did you give them all 3 or just one from where you'll be getting the car fixed the car.
In Minnesota you can take your car anywhere you want to get fixed.  No need to get 3 estimates.  Its illegal for insurance companies to "steer" you to a shop they want.

I submitted the highest of the three and submitted pictures of the damage.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

I can send you my stuffed rain deer to display with it   :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GPULLER

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 16, 2010, 11:55:10 AM
Only the replacement hood and the tops of fenders and half way down the side to the molding thats on there for now.  Hopefully they can match it.  Nothing will happen till the fall time anyways, i'm driving the car for the rest of the summer just the way it is.   :drive:

Hope they don't tape off the moldings and just stop at there, a tape line will be visable once the moldings are removed.   :slap:

Cool, didn't know how a specialty insurance company handled it.  Wondered if they send out an adjuster and all that B.S. have to go through with normal auto insurance.

PocketThunder

Quote from: GPULLER on July 16, 2010, 12:23:56 PM

Hope they don't tape off the moldings and just stop at there, a tape line will be visable once the moldings are removed.   :slap:

Cool, didn't know how a specialty insurance company handled it.  Wondered if they send out an adjuster and all that B.S. have to go through with normal auto insurance.

They did not send out and adjuster.  I collected the estimates myself.

The side moldings are screwed into the sheetmetal, so when they come off someday there will be more than a tape line to address!  :'(  :'(
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

That sucks Paul. Hitting deer has always been a big fear of mine as well. I had several close calls over the years, but so far the only things I've nailed were small. A skunk, an opossum, a cat, & also hit the brakes once to get a drunk off my roof.   :lol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 16, 2010, 01:55:09 PM
That sucks Paul. Hitting deer has always been a big fear of mine as well. I had several close calls over the years, but so far the only things I've nailed were small. A skunk, an opossum, a cat, & also hit the brakes once to get a drunk off my roof.   :lol:

I still got bruises too...  :silly:

GPULLER

They did not send out and adjuster.  I collected the estimates myself.

The side moldings are screwed into the sheetmetal, so when they come off someday there will be more than a tape line to address!  :'(  :'(

Every company is different, deal with it daily.  Worked with most every company out there haven't had any dealings with Hagerty, Grundy or any of the other specialty companies.

I forgot that the moldings were screwed on...tape line it is...

Bobby41909

Sorry to hear about your car...very said for both you and the deer.......

If anyone still needs one I have both a Argent silver and now a SEM titanium grill restored for sale.  Haven't listed the titanium grill yet.....it will be finished tomorrow. 

bull

Brock Samson

Should'nt that be on the 1969 site?..  :shruggy:

bakerhillpins

Wondering if you might try to get the original hood back and see if you can work out the damage yourself? They don't usually allow you to take the replaced parts though.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

PocketThunder

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 20, 2010, 11:27:05 AM
Wondering if you might try to get the original hood back and see if you can work out the damage yourself? They don't usually allow you to take the replaced parts though.

That is the plan for right now.  I'll see if i can get it somewhat straight. 

I put 400 miles on it this past weekend and i averaged 13 mpg, doing about 60~65 most of the time.

Ponch ®

Man, I hadn't seen this thread and had no clue this happened. I'm bummed out...I feel like your car and I have a bond of sorts.  :-\
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 20, 2010, 01:08:56 PM
Man, I hadn't seen this thread and had no clue this happened. I'm bummed out...I feel like your car and I have a bond of sorts.  :-\

Its almost like i married your ex-girlfriend...  :icon_smile_big:

Well i picked up my newly restored grille today, i'll post up some pictures tomorrow.  My hood is in town also, i need to go pick that up this week too.
Paul

Ponch ®

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 20, 2010, 03:28:50 PM
Man, I hadn't seen this thread and had no clue this happened. I'm bummed out...I feel like your car and I have a bond of sorts.  :-\

Its almost like i married your ex-girlfriend...  :icon_smile_big:

Well i picked up my newly restored grille today, i'll post up some pictures tomorrow.  My hood is in town also, i need to go pick that up this week too.
Paul

haha...nah...more like a hot chick I wanted to ask out but was out of my league to begin with, but you closed the deal.  :nana:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

moparstuart

Well i picked up my newly restored grille today, i'll post up some pictures tomorrow.  My hood is in town also, i need to go pick that up this week too.
Paul
I think ponch fondled her first   :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on July 20, 2010, 04:14:53 PM

Paul
I think ponch fondled her first   :smilielol: :smilielol:

I did, felt her up real good everywhere and peeked at its most intimate places. There's pics and vid... :lol:

TUFCAT

I'd like to see it - but please.... add the blue smudge over Ponch's head for the viewers!!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

ramit

Sorry to see that happened.   I may have missed it somewhere in the thread but where did it happen?    It looks like Hwy 7.    Damn Deer!

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 16, 2010, 02:00:54 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on July 16, 2010, 01:55:09 PM

I still got bruises too...  :silly:

:D So, how hard was the road?  :smilielol: 

PocketThunder

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 23, 2010, 07:46:18 PM
I'd like to see it - but please.... add the blue smudge over Ponch's head for the viewers!!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Here you go.  This guys makes a pretty mean Chochinita Pibil also.   :drool5:   (whatever that is)  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EH5CF0Estc

Paul

Quote from: ramit on July 23, 2010, 08:03:23 PM
Sorry to see that happened.   I may have missed it somewhere in the thread but where did it happen?    It looks like Hwy 7.    Damn Deer!
Yes, Hwy 7 just west of 494, about 2 miles from my house!

Paul

Ponch ®

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 26, 2010, 12:57:13 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on July 23, 2010, 07:46:18 PM
I'd like to see it - but please.... add the blue smudge over Ponch's head for the viewers!!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Here you go.  This guys makes a pretty mean Chochinita Pibil also.   :drool5:   (whatever that is)  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EH5CF0Estc

Paul

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochinita_pibil

It's good stuff. Trust me. You could probably apply the recipe to make some "Deer Pibil".

BTW - I just watched that video again and, fortunately, I'm not in it. :smilielol: