News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there a way to restored the crome on emblems?

Started by TXcharger70, June 23, 2010, 06:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

I was wondering if there is a paint i could buy to use to chrome some of the charger emblems besides getting them dipped? Or do most of you just buy new emblems? My emblems have some rust where the chrome has flaked off and need to be redone

yeahitsgotahemi!

This depends entirely on what your preference is. Personally, some of those pot-metal chrome parts, such as the Charger script emblems or gas cap, are expensive aftermarket. They are also expensive to rechrome, so I prefer to use what original parts I have.  

With that said:
For stuff that you have to have chrome and is available aftermarket, I think that is the way to go (I bought new Charger emblems and was pleased). If you don't care about the chrome, and wouldn't mind a different finish, I recommend powder coating. I had my gas cap and door handles powder coated black, and was very pleased with the results (saved me several hundred dollars as well!). I'm sure that silver/chrome like finishes can be had as powder coat as well.  

I don't recommend spray painting them.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson