News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What color stripe??

Started by Foreman72, June 24, 2010, 04:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should it be...

white
9 (45%)
black
11 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Foreman72

I'm trying to figure out what color superbee stripe to use on my F7 (or what will be :eyes: ) green 72 with green interior and a white vinyl quarter top.  I have a black stripe photoshopped on there (thanks DS) as on my sig pic, but it has recently come to my attention that i should consider a white stripe.  Your thoughts?  :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

68X426

Oh yeah, white is the one. At night or low light, black would just be lost. White is always there as an awesome color complement. :Twocents:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bakerhillpins

I like white on chargers as an interior and accent color. That being said I'm not sure that a white stripe would look good on that color combo. I like the black in the sig pic but you also talk about the white quarter top. The top in the sig looks grey/silver to me so..

Guess I am saying it would be nice to see a cheap photoshop and check it out before I shoot it down but up front I say no.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

NHCharger

I'm leaning towards black.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ghoste

I think a white stripe would look good.

jaak

white! white! white! white!  white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white!  white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white!  white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white!  white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white!  white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white!white! white! white! white!  white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white!  white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white!  white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white! white!

Jason

chargd72

My 72 is going to be GY9 (Dark Gold Metallic) which is actually more green than gold and WHITE is the way to go.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Foreman72

wow...i'm surprised by the response  :lol:

heres another picture

i guess my next question...does anyone have any pictures of a 71 or 72 with a white stripe?
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

69bronzeT5

With the white vinyl top, I'd personally do a white stripe....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ds440

I vote black.  :Twocents:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

0X01B8

Black.
You can always change it.

charger2fast4u

i think i vote black. white kinda looks outa place in that pic above. maybe seeing it in person it would look better and in place more with a white stripe.

twodko

I dunno, black waist stripes, pin striping or belt stripes have always looked classy and elegant to me, especially on muscle cars.

With the white VT you've got I hafta vote........................................white.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

maxwellwedge

I think it is a toss-up for me - either would look great.

Foreman72

thats DS! ...i wasn't expecting that :lol:

well...heres what i've been thinking...the only thing that'll be white on the car is the top...the grille will be blacked, i'll have a black chin spoiler and i have the rallye taillights which have black louvers...so i think a black stripe make sense...

but i'm still open to other ideas :scratchchin:
Eric "Foreman"

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Foreman72 on June 26, 2010, 08:29:09 AM
thats DS! ...i wasn't expecting that :lol:

well...heres what i've been thinking...the only thing that'll be white on the car is the top...the grille will be blacked, i'll have a black chin spoiler and i have the rallye taillights which have black louvers...so i think a black stripe make sense...

but i'm still open to other ideas :scratchchin:

A picture is better than a 1,000 words.... I vote black also!   :2thumbs:  Mix some F7 with black and put a ghost stripe on it!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Silver R/T

maybe you could do a black vinyl top, then black stripe wouldn't look so out of place
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

0X01B8

I think I'm changing my vote to white.
It would really tie the whole car together.

Patronus

I voted white. Its fresh  :coolgleamA: and has more "matchbox" car
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE