News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rock songs your wife/girl HATES

Started by 68X426, June 19, 2010, 09:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

I enjoyed the post from 71charger_fan http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6403.0.html

So in light of that I ask: name the rock song (or band) that you like that your wife or girl HATES.

I'm neutral on most of REO Speedwagon's stuff, but some is pretty good rock in a "I don't have to think about it" way.

SHE HATES REO. I MEAN, SHE REALLY HATES REO. So I crank it up and act like I love it when the radio plays it. I laugh my ass off. :smilielol:

(I love her and she loves me anyway).

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

dkn1997

the wife doesn't like buck cherry crazy bitch. whats her problem?
RECHRGED

greenpigs

That is one of the few things we have in common, we hate each others music. :icon_smile_big:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

loudmouthaussie

1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

tan top

Quote from: greenpigs on June 19, 2010, 09:35:57 PM
That is one of the few things we have in common, we hate each others music. :icon_smile_big:

:lol:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NHCharger

Quote from: greenpigs on June 19, 2010, 09:35:57 PM
:iagree: :iamwithstupid:
That about nails it. She likes the Moody Blues " Knights in White Satin" soft rock crap. I'm in the shop listening to old Black sabbath and Deep Purple.  :METAL: :METAL:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

devilgear

Jeebus...she hates about everything i dig...including music movies and most of my buddies....ha

mauve66

she hates Pink Floyd with a passion and i could listen to them all day, so to keep her out of the garage i have the tape player set on auto replay :D
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Dans 68

Sting's "Every Breath You Take" and "Take my Breath Away" by Berlin. I have no idea why, except for the "Breath" thing....  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan

Oh, and Happy Father's Day to all you fortunate Dads.  :2thumbs:

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on June 19, 2010, 09:49:23 PM
I love RUSH   she hates them 

Same here. I like Rush, just tired of the repetition of the half dozen songs that radio drove into the ground, but the first Rush album is my favorite. I opened the CD & played it the day I bought it & my wife asked me to lower it.  :lol:

She usually never has a problem with most of what I listen to, but wasn't a fan of Nine Inch Nails. One time I mail ordered a Nine Inch Nails CD, "The Downward Spiral", & she got to the mail first, opened it, thought to herself, "Hmm, after a crappy day at work it'll be good to hear some new music."  :D

She had never really heard NIN until that day & after the 2nd or 3rd track, she took the disc out of the changer. When I got home she said, "What the hell CD did you order, it's awful?"

It took years, but NIN grew on her a bit & now she says they're okay. Took her to see them twice & she liked the live show. Even my daughter loves them & saw them live. Even though she said they're okay, one thing my wife still won't do, is put a NIN CD on.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Ponch ®

"I Love to say f--k" by the Murderdolls.

Otherwise, pretty much anything that's too "death metal". But her definition of that is odd, because according to her Mastodon fits that description.. :shruggy:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

68blue

George Thorogood

Always hammer the gas when he screams Who do you love! :smilielol:

Great song.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 20, 2010, 10:24:32 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 19, 2010, 09:49:23 PM
I love RUSH   she hates them 

Same here. I like Rush, just tired of the repetition of the half dozen songs that radio drove into the ground, but the first Rush album is my favorite. I opened the CD & played it the day I bought it & my wife asked me to lower it.  :lol:

yeah, the only Rush i'd always been exposed to were the same 3 or 4 songs that they play on classic radio stations, so I HATED them. Then about three months ago I went over to jam with my buddy and he started playing this bad ass riff and we ended up jamming around it for half an hour. I was like "dude...what was that...kicks ass!" Turns out it was Working Man...so i've been hooked on their early stuff.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Cooter

Awe man, I like REO...She doesn't really hate my music as we pretty much hate the same kinds..Death, thrash,Scream till your head explodes, hate the world, kill everybody, metal I can't stand..Although, she don't dig too many Early Hip Hop CD's I got all that much...I'm a big fan of "Sampling" like in O.P.P.....

She kinda loves all kinds of country and that's where I have to draw the line with some of the sappy country songs.(Rascal Flatts :eek2:).Have to be drinkin' to appreciate and give Hank Jr. the respect he deserves when he's playing...She hates the hell outta some of the music my kid loves..(Little Wayne :rotz:)
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BIRD67

My mom absoultely hates Iron Maiden and Megadeth.. She says that they're too repetitive..she likes disco :eek2:
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

RD

highway to hell, hells bells, sympathy for the devil (all for obvious religious reasons).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Manfred318

Don't have a wife nor do I have a "girl" per se. I have a girl who is my best friend but shes not my "girl" at the moment. Anyways she doesn't like any of the music I do. Shes all into country music and I listen to alot of different varieties of metal as well as some classical from time to time. We do however share a mutual dislike of rap.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

aone415

Quote from: devilgear on June 20, 2010, 07:40:17 AM
Jeebus...she hates about everything i dig...including music movies and most of my buddies....ha

hmmm that sounds very familiar

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.