News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interesting Charger photoshop spyder concept I lifted from FB:

Started by Brock Samson, June 23, 2010, 12:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Mostly  like it.

68X426

:scratchchin: Not sure. I'll let the forum tell me what to think on this one.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Vainglory, Esq.

I like the hood, the grille, and the front bumper.   ;)

moparstuart

Side scoops are a little much , but i like the rest of it .  Reminds me of the 68 topless charger

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on June 23, 2010, 01:47:08 PM
Side scoops are a little much , but i like the rest of it .  Reminds me of the 68 topless charger

I dont see any resemblence..?..??   :shruggy: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

that thing is ridiculous! and not in a good way.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

djcarguy

:2thumbs: :yesnod:totally like it, me being older may go will smaller rim and more tire. really like concept and would be a great project for acar with roof damage or rust out roof,rear window??  well real nice change and twist on a build. super work on this...DJ

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Khyron on June 23, 2010, 02:22:02 PM

:iamwithstupid:     :eek2:

I'm not a fan of the white one either. Looks like a brick with wheels.  Each to his own..
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

elacruze

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 21, 2011, 09:56:01 PM
Quote from: Khyron on June 23, 2010, 02:22:02 PM

:iamwithstupid:     :eek2:

I'm not a fan of the white one either. Looks like a brick with wheels.  Each to his own..

x2
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

daveco

R/Tree

Brock Samson

I was unable to find the thread from the guy who built an all Red topless Charger early last yr.  :shruggy:

greenpigs

I like the white one & if I could find a cheap 68 that was missing the roof already I  would be made a copy.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

elanmars

2nd gens being made into general lees > that white abomination.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

bull

If that car were a woman she'd be a butterface. Second gen Chargers don't look right without a roof. Sorry. That's just the way it is.

69bronzeT5

I like it however if it had a full windshield I'd like it a whole lot more.... :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mikesmoparperformance

WOW AWESOME BUILT IT!!! Can they make a 69 one I wonder how that will look :2thumbs: I love it!
Love the white one to very uniek charger! :drool5:

Great website give's me a Idea about the 65 concept 66 charger how that will look like :drool5: Then can make everything :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

djcarguy

back in the day,MA MOPAR,  WOULD SEND BRAND NEW CARS OUT AND have them cut and chopped.... roof cut off and totally change and made into show cars. but customs only add up to like 1 in 10,000 or so. more get destroyed in crashs and garage fires each year ,than to a custom make over. most and the white topless are made or re made from old bodies and parts ,that have just been laying around for years.. look up and read story of white topless and his other 2 creations at wing warriors.he did a 64 ramcharger topless and a 66-67 charger convertable,mostly from left over stuff.  1 or 2 customs help bring interest and life back to the hobby and a fun change of the same old ,same old------------------------flatline------------------------------ cars.

Ghoste

I like it but I can't see myself chopping up a car today to make one, since unlike when Ma Mopar did it, they obviously aren't making brand new ones.  Even roof damage can be fixed in many (perhaps most?) cases.  Now if you had one of those Dynacorn shells many are hoping for although I don't know how you would title it...

djcarguy

is there a tread as to actual production #'s for 68,69and 70.chargers..saw like 73 was highest at 160,000 cars made???? i know 68 rr was 45,ooo and 69 rr was like double .   lots of talk and guessing ,but what are totally and base model ,rt,and se??????? most agree like 503 daytona's what about 500,c or C 500??

GHOSTE IS A DYNECORN ,SORRY SPELLING ,   LIKE A REBODY and all that can of worms all over again. i read it is to replace and repair,  rust and damage??    that you still have to have original cowl and vin tags??   the 1st body i know of was a 57 chev convertable ,so you could take any chev cowl,4 door whatever and make a 57 ragtop??this opens up the wide world of clones and fakes and total ripoffs?????DJ.

Patronus

About the only thing I like is that stripe on the blue one.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

speedfreak68

Oooh I reeeaaallllly like the chin spoiler on the blue one!!  :yesnod:

Orange_Crush

I like it...especially the taillight/exhaust treatment.  The side scoops aren't my thing though.

I always thought I would hate convertible conversions on second gen. cars until I saw the white car pictured above in person (as well as the orange show car) and I REALLY thought they looked good.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Ghoste

Yeah, my Dynacorn (sorry spelling-  http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com/classic2.html  ) comments were pretty much just rhetorical tangent from this actual thread.  My feelings about them aren't really a secret.

Brock Samson

does anyone remember that all red topless custom the guy made and sold last yr?..  :shruggy: anyone save the pics?..

Ghoste

Brock Samson

it was all red, and the car had various custom touches.. it seemed to be very well... there was a thread and then he was selling it..  :shruggy:

djcarguy

what year and body was it made out of??? i saw a red 66-67 coronet made into a charger convertable,i liked it..  but we i know i like different and bazzar customs and topless cars???   yes and odd creatures with wings out back.

Brock Samson

It was a viper red '68 or '69 i forget but it was really sharp with a red interior and half height windshield and some subtle custom stuff, like a built up spoiler on the back.. there was special attention paid to the windows because they didn't roll up so that was all filled kind of like a boat...
As I recall as soon as the guy finished it he was lookin' to sell it and move on...
 I never get that guys will build some awesome ride and then lose intrest instantly - flip them and start on the next one. but, then i'm not (nearly) at that level in the hobby.
I just want a couple, ok a few - different types of rides for different Applications like a Sunday Street Bruiser like my R/T, a sweet everyday driver like my 11 yr. old M and my RV/motor home which is really sweet to go to the beach in and hang out all day sometimes all weekend.
No-way do I have the resources to have a whole buch of rides like these guys who live way out in the country and make hella' chedder...  :lol: Anyhow I think A B-bod cold be customized really nicely like the one pictured here,.. but most guys want the roof intact thinking that's what makes the charger a charger,.. I like customs too and appreciate folks who go their own way making a car just for themselves, If their true to that it usually turns out just fine, I can usually spot cars that were screwed around with to make other folks happy - cause they never seem to look right.

Brock Samson

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 22, 2011, 11:14:02 AM
does anyone remember that all red topless custom the guy made and sold last yr?..  :shruggy: anyone save the pics?..

I finally found it while looking for the "Topless Charger" threads... here...
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,71927.0.html     :shruggy:

SRT-68

The roof line on the Charger makes the look of the car. Don't like the convert.  That said, I love the rest of the concept. The back of the car is badass.