News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new quarter install question

Started by fireguyfire, June 21, 2010, 06:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

I am prepped and ready to install my new AMD 1/4's on my 68, and realize I need to change the deck panel(?) between the top of the trunk lid and the bottom of the rear window (I imagine these are usually rusted out along the bottom of the rear window).
My question is, what order should I install the new metal? Should I install 1 quarter and match it to the old deck panel, then do the deck panel, and then the other 1/4 panel, or is there a better order to do it in?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

69*F5*SE

Make sure to take plenty of pictures of the process to share with others here that will be doing the same thing    :2thumbs:

fireguyfire

'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

carolina charger

I replaced the deck panel first, then moved down to the quarters. Either way should be fine as long as you are careful to get each panel in its correct location.

Patronus

Its called a 'dutchman' panel. I would recommend using self-tapping sheet metal screws or clamps to temporally hold everything together. Sounds like another brought back from the scrap yard.... In a few years there wont be any left to restore!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE