News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found Superbird Built Sheets and 70 FM3 Charger Built Sheet

Started by scatpak, August 01, 2010, 09:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scatpak

Found in some person other than myself built sheets to the following birds.
Again NOT mine,owner will need to negotiate on his own behalf.Send contact information.Don't need remarks or critisism.Just trying to reunite cars with sheets.If this situation is not correctly handled they will be lost forever.
Thanks.
RM23VOA167949  EW1-TX9
RM23VOA1??768   EB5-TX9
RM23VOA158622   FY1-TX9  Partial
RM23VOA151622   EV@-TX9
Also
XP29NOG204506  FM2-C6XW-EW1

Scatpak201@yahoo.com

Aero426

Is it possible that V0Axxx768 is really U0A179768?    

Two of the other three Birds are out there, but no current owner information.

V0A151622 doesn't seem like a correct number.

Dodge Don

Send the 70 Charger sheet to the 70 Charger Registry so they add to list of others looking for a match

http://1970chargerregistry.com/contact.html

Alaskan_TA

I sent a link to this thread to Nick at www.pantherpink.com also.

Can you list the VON (J number) for the one with the incompltete VIN? That would help tie it to the correct car if that portion of the sheet is intact.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Beep Beep Dave

Sorry I can't help myself. Is this a for sale ad? What are the asking prices? Are you paying out commission :icon_smile_blackeye:
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Arnie Cunningham

Like Doug,

The only xxx768 cars I found were:

168 768  Nothing known
173 768  EK2 car
179 768  EB5 Black Bench Manual car

It, of course, could fall between runs of VINs.

179 768 was on ebay a while back.  I don't keep the ebay ads themselves.  I just make a note to myself where I saw it.

Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

maxwellwedge

With all due respect - What is to negotiate? Those sheets belong to their cars and no one else and should be reunited for the price of postage/shipping only.

hotrod98

Makes me glad that my build sheet is locked safely away. 

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nascarxx29

Superbird list  #1750 RM23UOA179768 Currently for sale.That found buildsheet mentioned earlier may go with this car
http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/180514297004--1970-plymouth-roadrunner-superbird/detailse.html

Lynch Rd. Assembly Plant, sent to Clairepoint for nose-wing assembly 12/12/69, and then shipped to Zachary Motors, Henderson KY 12/17/69. Car is 1 of 466 440-4 4 speeds made and 1 of 270 painted EB5. NASCAR Race Program Serial # 1750.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

mauve66

Quote from: maxwellwedge on August 01, 2010, 06:49:30 PM
With all due respect - What is to negotiate? Those sheets belong to their cars and no one else and should be reunited for the price of postage/shipping only.

if it belonged to the current owner of the car then those of us without it should be able to sue chrysler for not putting alot of them into the car in the first place,

a build sheet is not part of the required documentation given to the original owner when the car was sold so it doesn't "belong" to the current owner

yes, i would give the build sheet to the current owner if i found one, i would have no use for it and i'm into mopars, if i found a corvette sheet i might not think that way

think of it this way, if the #'s matching engine and tranny were found for your car but the person wanted to sell it to you, do you think he should only give it to you since it "belongs" to your car?
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Aero426

Mechanical components have value to multiple people.     More so to the car it belongs, but more than one person can use a dated 1970 block.

A build sheet or fender tag is only valuable to the car it was separated from.    Ethically, they really should go with the car.    I do understand that the world doesn't always work that way.     There is that little thing called karma too.

Arnie Cunningham

Quote from: nascarxx29 on August 01, 2010, 10:23:43 PM
Superbird list  #1750 RM23UOA179768 Currently for sale.That found buildsheet mentioned earlier may go with this car
http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/180514297004--1970-plymouth-roadrunner-superbird/detailse.html

Lynch Rd. Assembly Plant, sent to Clairepoint for nose-wing assembly 12/12/69, and then shipped to Zachary Motors, Henderson KY 12/17/69. Car is 1 of 466 440-4 4 speeds made and 1 of 270 painted EB5. NASCAR Race Program Serial # 1750.

An auction for this car just closed on ebay.  I sent the seller a message asking about his VIN.  If he replies, I will link him to this thread - or maybe just give him the email address.

Scatpak, are you watching this thread?

Brennan R. Cook
brcook.com
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Aero426

On the blue car, I seem to recall that the owner is aware who has the build sheet. 

Wildman

Not to add any wood on the fire but when I bought my bird the owner at the time suggested I get ahold of the previous owner as he thought he had the buildsheet. Upon checking this out he had alot more that just the buildsheet he had numerous parts and boxes of paperwork for the car. When asked he said he knew one day someone would come looking. Of course it wasnt free and I paid for it. He had a ton of topless female pics also that was all taken with the car but the wife didnt let me take them... but some did fall thru the cracks and was with the other stuff...

maxwellwedge

Quote from: mauve66 on August 02, 2010, 08:51:40 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on August 01, 2010, 06:49:30 PM

if it belonged to the current owner of the car then those of us without it should be able to sue chrysler for not putting alot of them into the car in the first place,

a build sheet is not part of the required documentation given to the original owner when the car was sold so it doesn't "belong" to the current owner

yes, i would give the build sheet to the current owner if i found one, i would have no use for it and i'm into mopars, if i found a corvette sheet i might not think that way

think of it this way, if the #'s matching engine and tranny were found for your car but the person wanted to sell it to you, do you think he should only give it to you since it "belongs" to your car?

A build sheet does not belong to the past owner or current owner...It belongs to that car. It is its birth certificate. When I find a buildsheet that does not belong to any of my cars I go into action. I call the Guru, post it and put the word out. I can only hope others would do the same with a sheet that belongs to one of mine. Like Doug said - Karma. I reunited a Daytona sheet last year that I found in one of my cars. When asked how much I wanted my reply was, "If we ever meet - buy me a beer".

mauve66

its my understanding that the engine and tranny are more than just date coded, that some of the actual VIN is stamped on them, from the popular years of course
that means it belongs to the car
the IBM card is specific to my vehicle but i still had to pay to get it
the broadcast sheet may give details about the vehicle but it doesn't belong to the vehicle. if the majority of them went with the vehicle then you could argue that those that didn't get them are the exception rather than the rule but since the exception seems to be that you got one (and maybe its the correct one) .................
kinda like the dealer paperwork from Mr. Norms cars, yes, he is graciously giving them to current owners but it was dealership paperwork that "belongs to the car" but doesn't "belong to the owner of the car"
once again we agree to disagree
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Arnie Cunningham

Greetings All,

Ownership of property is a legal concept.
A car can not own anything as it is not recognized as an individual.

If I found a buildsheet for someone else's car, would I give it to them free of charge?  Yes.
If someone else had my buildsheet, would I pay for it? Yes.
Is it my right to impose my ethical standards upon someone else?  Absolutely NOT!

Let this stuff go and help find the owners and cars.  Let those with an actual interest work out the situations to their individual benefits.

Brennan R. Cook