News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EVAPORUST

Started by darkfiire5000, June 22, 2010, 09:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkfiire5000

This is a badass product for removing rust that actually works, and doesn't damage plastic or rubber parts. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

CDN72SE

Yup, great stuff use it all the time.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

chargd72

Agree, does wonders on nuts and bolts.

Only bummer is fewer auto shops are carrying it now, here anyway

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

darkfiire5000

I bought some from Harbor Freight they have a website too that you can order it from.

E5 Charger

I love this stuff. I soaked a rusty shifter and now it works like a charm. It also looks great. I buy it at Canadian Tire, for all of you members north of the border.

69*F5*SE

Yep, got a gallon of it a few years ago on ebay and it works as good as mentioned.  It's great for soaking small parts etc. but for large stuff you have to keep the part wet with Evaporust somehow till rust is gone.  Two thumbs up for this product.   :2thumbs:

ChargerST

I got it from Tractor Supply. Good stuff!

CDN72SE

Quote from: E5 Charger on June 22, 2010, 11:21:18 PM
I love this stuff. I soaked a rusty shifter and now it works like a charm. It also looks great. I buy it at Canadian Tire, for all of you members north of the border.
I wish they sold it in larger jugs as opposed to the small bottles.
**Edit, not at Canadian Tire.
1972 Charger SE

superbirdtom

is it a thin product ? what is the viscosity  just curious.

Musicman

I wish they sold it in larger jugs as opposed to the small bottles.

They do...

is it a thin product ? what is the viscosity  just curious.

Very thin... like soapy dishwater or Simple Green.

When using Evapo-Rust it is always best to clean the surface of the item to be dipped first. Remove any excess rust, oil, dirt or grease when possible. This will reduce the time required to do the job, as well as extend the life of the product. Evapo-Rust is reusable as long as it's not depleted.

If your cleaning a surface to large or oddly shaped to immerse, cover the surface with a paper towel dipped in Evapo-Rust and then cover it with plastic wrap or whatever to keep the product from evaporating.

darkfiire5000

Thats a good tip thanks :2thumbs: :2thumbs: