News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger going tommorow

Started by 41husk, June 21, 2010, 05:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

Just got a call from the shipper.  The 68 is being picked up tommorow :'(  I have many great memories of that car.  I hope Australia is good for her.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

doctor4766

Mate anyone over here who can afford to ship one into the country is sure to treat her right.
What model is she and what's her destination in Oz?
Paul
Gotta love a '69

41husk

It went to a member on here G-man.  it is a #s matching 68 Charger 383/727 QQ1 blue.  It's not a trailor queen but a very nice driver that has won several shows.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

doctor4766

Wow looks the goods mate.
Perfect car for roo shooting! Would do some nice circle work in the paddocks too  :smilielol:

Nahhhh..
I'm sure she'll be well taken care of.
Gotta love a '69

41husk

I hope so, but going down under, if it gets trashed I will never see it :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

doctor4766

There's plenty of "real" car enthusiasts over here so don't you worry.
I'm sure anyone caught trashing the likes of your Charger would be hunted down and have some of their manhood removed.
Now "thrashing" is a different story  ;)
Gotta love a '69

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 41husk on June 21, 2010, 05:14:50 PM
Just got a call from the shipper.  The 68 is being picked up tommorow :'(  I have many great memories of that car.  I hope Australia is good for her.
Wow, another Charger going down under. :P
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

doctor4766

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 21, 2010, 06:03:06 PM
Quote from: 41husk on June 21, 2010, 05:14:50 PM
Wow, another Charger going down under. :P

Yeah and we don't give em back either  :nana:
Gotta love a '69

MOsman82

Very nice looking car that any Aussie enthusiast would be proud of.

Planning on taking my own 68 back to Australia (QLD) in about 6 months.

Has anyone had any problems getting their car back into (or registered in) Australia? Any recommendations/advice?

I'm in the middle of the restoration so, chances are, the car won't be finished (maybe not even running) by the time it comes to ship off to AUS. Will this be a problem?

My car is non numbers matching - problem?

Aussie members, please let me know your experiences.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Darkman

You will just need to select a reputable shipping company. Will cost around $6,000AUD ($5200US) (depending from and to) to ship a car from the US. This will include customs, quarantine and most transport fees. You may also need to pay GST (10% tax) on it so if it is not finished this may benefit you as you can put a lower estimate on the value of the car.

I hopefully will be the proud owner of a 68 Charger this time tomorrow purchased in the US and shipped over to Adelaide!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

mikesbbody

Let's hope the new owner leaves it LHD! I'd hate to think of all the Classic American Iron butchered to RHD in Aus over the years  :brickwall:  :stirthepot: but they have changed the Law now so only a complete Idiot would do such a thing now.

doctor4766

Quote from: MOsman82 on June 21, 2010, 10:47:51 PM
Very nice looking car that any Aussie enthusiast would be proud of.
Planning on taking my own 68 back to Australia (QLD) in about 6 months.
Has anyone had any problems getting their car back into (or registered in) Australia? Any recommendations/advice?
I'm in the middle of the restoration so, chances are, the car won't be finished (maybe not even running) by the time it comes to ship off to AUS. Will this be a problem?
My car is non numbers matching - problem?
Aussie members, please let me know your experiences.
Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks

Numbers matching shouldn't be a problem.
You might want to check this out. It's from here> http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=4797
The Australian Customs has rejected several modified cars recently claiming if you cannot PROVE the modification was done PRIOR to January 1989 they will redate it as a 2010 model vehicle and to cover therte ass they put this up on the DOTARS website on Tuesday Importation of converted vehicles under the pre 1989 scheme
They have rejected a 1950 Mercury because it has a top chop and custom paint
More info can be found on this forum Ozrodders.com
This means a Camaro that was originally a small block cannot be imported if it is fitted with a big block or a repro 32 ford roadster even though they already have the definition of a "Street Rod" that includes replicas.
Even a 66 mustang with mag wheels may get rejected. the thing is they dont tell you this until it has arrived on the dock HERE IN Australia

Gotta love a '69

doctor4766

Quote from: mikesbbody on June 22, 2010, 01:47:27 AM
Let's hope the new owner leaves it LHD! I'd hate to think of all the Classic American Iron butchered to RHD in Aus over the years  :brickwall:  :stirthepot: but they have changed the Law now so only a complete Idiot would do such a thing now.

There's nothing worse than people asking me when I'm gonna do a RHD conversion.
The best argument they have for destroying my car in this way is that "It's gonna be difficult to overtake slow trucks if I can't see what's down the road from where I'm sitting".
I mean, who cares if I have to drop back a little to get a better view then plant it to get around them?
The only time we have to have a conversion done is if the vehicle is under a certain age. Stops people just bringing cheap late models in and making a quick dollar as the cost of RHD conversion isn't cheap.
And then there's the pussies who are too scared to drive LHD and prefer to fork out big bucks and end up with a car that's probably worth less than they paid for it.
I mean palease! They should just get over it or stick with local models.
Gotta love a '69

Bob T

Quote from: 41husk on June 21, 2010, 05:45:02 PM
It went to a member on here G-man.  it is a #s matching 68 Charger 383/727 QQ1 blue.  It's not a trailor queen but a very nice driver that has won several shows.

Thats one nice 68 41husk , looks in great condition. hope the new owner treats like you did   :2thumbs:

we dont change em to rhd out here, hell, send it to me  :yesnod:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Darkman

Quote from: mikesbbody on June 22, 2010, 01:47:27 AM

Well, I must be complete idiot then! I pisses me off when closed minded tossers have the right to insult people like this! I don't give a crap what people think, I'll be taking a beat up car for next to peanuts, and making into a nice car that I would like to drive, so how does that devalue the car?. If anything, it actually increases the value considering the state it is in now. Atleast I have the motivation to repair it rather than sit on it for 10 years letting it rot before I got off my lazy ass and did something about it....As I said before, for me to register it on the road here in South Australia, I would need it to be complete original. Why would I want a car like every other 68 Charger driver? It bores me senseless seeing yet another charger restored back to original....Sorry, but I take offense to being called a complete idiot...I would have thought you Americans would be proud that your beloved "Classic American Iron" be seen all over the world.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

41husk

She just left the Mopad.  It didn't help that the driver kept saying how nice it was, but it did help that he wanted to here the WannaBee in the garage and see pictures of the Challenger Daytona and hauler.  He was here about an hour before he even started loading the Charger.  I took some pictures of her rolling down the road on the very top of the 7 car hauler like the king of the truck.  I will post them up after I get them developed and shrunk.  I have no regrets I would sell her again to buy my Daytona and meet Larry and his wife, but I will miss that old blue Charger :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

doctor4766

I'm sure I woulda had a tear in my eye at that moment.
Gotta love a '69

41husk

Well, I consider myself a manly man, being a wrestling coach and large guy, but I would be lying if I said my eyes were clear :'(
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

G-man

The owner is me and its landing in Botany, Sydney. Boat = 3800AU, Truck is 1100US from Illinoi-LA (wilmington) and then 10% on value once it arrives.

Btw - Im a complete idiot that would convert it to RHD for the reason of, cant see around left turn bends past rucks/cars etc up in hills and thus its not "as" safe. However that same complete idiot that would have done that decided to leave the blue one LHD. Only if I have excess money to turn the car into a pro-tourer style with next to everything custom would I change it over to RHD, guess that will be never so its safe  :icon_smile_big:

I live on a farm with plenty dirt so prepare to see Dukesof hazard driving  :rofl: Just kidding! (about the driving) :nana:

mikesbbody

Well, I must be complete idiot then! I pisses me off when closed minded tossers have the right to insult people like this! I don't give a crap what people think, I'll be taking a beat up car for next to peanuts, and making into a nice car that I would like to drive, so how does that devalue the car?. If anything, it actually increases the value considering the state it is in now. Atleast I have the motivation to repair it rather than sit on it for 10 years letting it rot before I got off my lazy ass and did something about it....As I said before, for me to register it on the road here in South Australia, I would need it to be complete original. Why would I want a car like every other 68 Charger driver? It bores me senseless seeing yet another charger restored back to original....Sorry, but I take offense to being called a complete idiot...I would have thought you Americans would be proud that your beloved "Classic American Iron" be seen all over the world.

[/quote]
Dickman, you response is such a Epic fail, I don't know where to start! I would take the beat up car over a RHD mint car any day of the week reason? if it was made that way it should STAY that way we are talking about a fundamental part of the car being changed not adding mags of changing a Motor, interior etc why not just make it FWD while your at it? if it came down to owning a mint RHD American car, or none at all I would chose none at all and I know I'm not alone. "you Americans"? I'm from New Zealand you Moron! and yes, there's "Idiots" over here too that have done the RHD thing which devalues the car big time over here in fact, they are much harder (near impossible) to sell RHD. Would you change a Classic Aussy Car to LHD? no you would not! you are the closed minded Idiot and Tosser forums are all about opinions if you don't like it I'm sure there's a Telli Tubbies forum you can join you big time Loser!
:loser: :grouphug:

G-man

:rofl: at replies.

I dont care if its RHD or LHD. I dont care if you do what pure vision did to the red 69 charger... infact that was awesome work. To get the actual differential completely centred rather than slightly to one side by modifying the entire undercarrige to do so is exactly what id do to mine if i had the $ for it, why?

Just because it was made in the factory for cheap doesnt mean it was the 'best' way to do it. Hence modified cars can cost huge $$$. Are customized cars bad? No, factories mass produced cars, could they have mass produced expensive custom cars? No.

So a mint RHD would definately be better than a rotting LHD car.

Just remember, jus tcause factory did it dont make it done the best way. If modified cars are bad because its not original (changing things more so than just sticking big wheels on) then I guess Mikes 68 pro-tourer, the other pro-tourer i seen here in blue thats 68 etc are all BAD cars and should be thrown away as an embarassment to 'true original cars'... I dont thinkso!

Anyways back to topic, Allens beautiful car is gone and it will be looked after.  :pity:

mikesbbody

So your telling me the designers, engineers etc at Chrysler got it wrong by putting the S.W on the left hand side? and all along it should have been on the RHS? gimme a break! if it were a FACTORY RHD Charger then leave it as is "if it aint broke, don't fix it" and to compare a RHD conversion to a pro tourer pro street, or anything else for that matter are 2 completely different things.
At the end of the day whatever someone does to their car I don't care because it's their car I just strongly disagree with conversions and that wont change.
I am sure this Charger will go to a good home and hopefully remain LHD or at least I hope so.

C500

Quote from: G-man on June 22, 2010, 07:18:45 PM
The owner is me and its landing in Botany, Sydney. Boat = 3800AU, Truck is 1100US from Illinoi-LA (wilmington) and then 10% on value once it arrives.

So you're in Botany huh. My old 68 ended up there too, sent from NZ. It's for sale again now. http://classiccarsaustralia.net/ It's a very nice car, but certainly not "perfect condition" Check out the asking price too :pullinghair:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Bob T

Quote from: Kiwi68 on June 23, 2010, 03:26:03 AM

So you're in Botany huh. My old 68 ended up there too, sent from NZ. It's for sale again now. http://classiccarsaustralia.net/ It's a very nice car, but certainly not "perfect condition" Check out the asking price too :pullinghair:
[/quote]

must be the r/T badge they put on it eh  :shruggy:   :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

charger Downunder

I cant wait to see the new car looks good George.
Right hook each to there own.
My conversion which was done in 1970 still looks good.

[/quote]