News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HD videocamera

Started by runningman, June 23, 2010, 03:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Thinking of getting a new HD video camera.  I currently have a mini-dv camera but I think the HD would make things a lot easier for downloading and making DVD's and the picture would be better also.  I would like to something in the $500 range.  Any recommendations??

twodko

Sony no baloney! I'm biased because I used professional Sony cameras for 26 years under every condition you don't want to shoot in. With this said, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Samsung are all making very good, small and versatile HD cams and they're cheap too. Good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Old Moparz

I'll second the Sony, but the one I bought isn't HD. It's easy to use, has a 60X optical zoom & 4GB memory built in. I didn't need HD & just wanted something inexpensive to replace an older JVC mini tape model that needed it's 3rd battery. Paid $229 for it at Target just over a month ago.

This one.... http://www.jr.com/sony/pe/SON_DCRSX44_SL_L/
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

runningman

thanks guys, I will shop around and see what I come up with.

Matt

chargerboy69

I third the Sony.  I own a Sony HD camcorder.  The video is absolutely superb.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Shakey

We just bought a Sony vid cam earlier this year - fantastic!  It was a bit more than $500.00 but worth it.