News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Time Out Lately

Started by MoparManJim, June 19, 2010, 08:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

That's what I'm talking about  :yesnod:, I know and realize I'm not a mod on this site at all. But I'm going to watch these logs of when the Time Out happens and see if there is a patern  :scratchchin: or not. I'm not sure but maybe these logs can help out in some way shape or form to maybe narrow in on the issue.  :shruggy:  

If not, we will at least have a log of when the Time Out's happen  :lol:  

Dodgecharger74

last night at 07 08 10 at 7:28 took 2 minutes to open this page
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

MoparManJim

July 9, 2010 . 4:28 PM to around 4:35Pm Time Out happen. 

MoparManJim

July 10,2010 2:28am to 2:36(?)am, Time Out happen. 

A383Wing

could not get into site from 5:45PM until 6:45PM on 7-11-2010 (Pacific Time)

Brock Samson

yeah the site is really getting slow to open pages...

:shruggy:

and now there's this... when doing a "search"

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.   :brickwall:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 12, 2010, 11:22:15 AM
yeah the site is really getting slow to open pages...

:shruggy:

and now there's this... when doing a "search"

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.   :brickwall:

Like i said before, there is something going on right now on this site that even the mod's doesn't know about. And it's getting worst to. I'm keeping track of the logs you all are posting and but it's going to take at least afew weeks worth of logining though before I can tell what the patern is if there is one. If I was one of the mod's, I would get ahold of the company that makes the boards and see what is going on in there system and see if that they can track down the Time Out issue and find out where it is coming from and what is doing it. Someone will know for sure. 

I tryed getting back online last night and for afew hours I couldn't even get on the site at all. I had to go to facebook to let a friend know something. 

451-74Charger

I couldnt post this earlier... But Friday about 4pm was totally unable to open site

451-74Charger

Now posting my reply took almost 2 minutes and then this !!!

Brock Samson

also, Troy?.. I haven't been getting my checks...  :shruggy:  :P

451-74Charger

It was shipped with your DC.Com shirt Brock !!

Troy

I've been really busy for the last 3 weeks (and gone to Carlisle for the last 4 days) but I'll try to work on things tonight.

For the record, I own the site, I own the server the site runs on, and I am in charge of all the maintenance so there's not really anyone else to call to troubleshoot it. If I don't figure it out then we're pretty much hosed. I have to say I haven't been seeing nearly the problems that are being reported and I'm usually on here randomly at all hours of the day. The longest I've seen it slow down has been a few minutes. So, I'll keep checking the server and traffic logs to see what shows up.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

451-74Charger

Probably Cicny*ell network issues ,,, just a guess

451-74Charger

BTW Troy, for what its worth, you do a great job, and without you, we wouldnt have this site.
Keep up the good work !!

Brock Samson

Why'nee does the clock say it's 12;oo PM when it's 18 to 3;00?  :scratchchin:  :-\ :RantExplode:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Troy on July 12, 2010, 03:37:10 PM
I've been really busy for the last 3 weeks (and gone to Carlisle for the last 4 days) but I'll try to work on things tonight.

For the record, I own the site, I own the server the site runs on, and I am in charge of all the maintenance so there's not really anyone else to call to troubleshoot it. If I don't figure it out then we're pretty much hosed. I have to say I haven't been seeing nearly the problems that are being reported and I'm usually on here randomly at all hours of the day. The longest I've seen it slow down has been a few minutes. So, I'll keep checking the server and traffic logs to see what shows up.

Troy

I hope you had a enjoyable weekend then man, I heard the event was a good one. 

I wasn't sure who owned the site or the stuff on it. But thanks for clearing that up for me man. Isn't there a software place that this site runs off of? There has to be. Because all net stuff has a root to it some where. That root is what we have to locate/find to maybe get answers from. I'm watching the log times the members post to see when the Time out's starts and at what time they get worst at. There is always a patern, I'm looking to see what the patern is. I'm not trying to step on your toes or anything at all Troy, just trying to help find out where the issue is coming from or maybe narrow it down some what. Your doing a good job with the site with keeping it up and running even with the time outs on it all the time. At first I honestly thought it was my pc doing it.. and I didn't say anything. Then after I got another pc I notice I was still having the same issue. That was when I posted about the issue to see if anyone else was indeed having the same issue and turn's out I wasn't the only one having it it looks like. You got a issue at hand man on your site that you can't find so far but it's here though some where as members are running into it from time to time during the days and night's. I would hate to see something happen to the site like alot of others would. I'll keep monitoring the Log's from when people post the times when it happens to them and see if I can maybe find patern to all of time out issue. 

Troy

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 12, 2010, 04:43:18 PM
Why'nee does the clock say it's 12;oo PM when it's 18 to 3;00?  :scratchchin:  :-\ :RantExplode:
The server is in Chicago so the time that is displayed by default is in that time zone. You can adjust the clock in your profile (click "Look and Layout Preferences" in the menu then look for the "Time Offset" box).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

wat?! it'z after midnight in O'hio?,.  :eek2:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 12, 2010, 04:52:48 PM
wat?! it'z after midnight in O'hio?,.  :eek2:

Midnight?  :o 

It's 5:54 PM in PA, So how in the hell can it be midnight in OH when I'm right next door and it's fricking day light out!  :RantExplode: :lol:

Brock Samson

go paint your stars 'n bars...  :slap:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 12, 2010, 05:07:20 PM
go paint your stars 'n bars...  :slap:

:D I was working on another project that down the road pose to be a blue color..   :o :smilielol:   

MoparManJim

July 12, 2010 . 10:00 to 10:07 a Time Out happen.

451-74Charger

aww  man, over 2 minutes to load a screen. im at home now in KY
Im not complaining, i just want you to know that there appears to be an issue

ODZKing

An interesting note ... this is exactly how it started with 66-67Charger.com.  Gradually got worse and worse until he finally had to change servers.

Foreman72

just had an interesting experience...

went to log on this morning and i got a one line message that said something to the effect of "this site has crashed and is up for repair"

freaked me out to be honest...if i ever lost this place   :errr: :cryin:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat