News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

search error messege:

Started by Brock Samson, July 12, 2010, 11:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

is what it says..

grdprx

Ya, I noticed this last night.

bull

And then the site crashed and now that it's up again I'm not allowed to use the search function at all. :shruggy:

"An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to search for posts in this forum."

Troy

I had to kill the search temporarily as that was the root cause of the crash and other random slowness. For some reason it was taking a long time to update the results and locking everything else while it did it. I'm switching to a different approach but it takes a while to update a forum with nearly 750k posts.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Troy on July 13, 2010, 02:33:01 PM
I had to kill the search temporarily as that was the root cause of the crash and other random slowness. For some reason it was taking a long time to update the results and locking everything else while it did it. I'm switching to a different approach but it takes a while to update a forum with nearly 750k posts.

Troy

:2thumbs: Mystery solved.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Troy on July 13, 2010, 02:33:01 PM

Troy

Wow, I thought you said just recent that you check everything out  and couldn't find anything  :lol:. Now your saying that the roof of the cause was in the Search feature?  :-\ :D :lol: . See, I just said yesterday alittle before the board crash, that there has to be a root to where you could start to look for(I'm just razzing ya is all bud  :icon_smile_wink:). Boy did I hit that on the head  :smilielol:. But I wonder what the heck trip it though to make it go hay wired like it did. I posted on afew places ;ast nice letting afew forums that had people that comes here all the time (myself included) that the board was down and mention that I wasn't sure if you was aware of it being down and that someone should get in touch with you to let ya know. Your forum site man went off line around 10:55PM last night (July 12,2010) but was having connection issue's start at around 10:15PM last night though. Then between 10:15 to 10:55PM last night the site gave out to different messages which I have logged in case you like to see them man. You see I was trying to get onto the site from 10:00PM to around 12AM last night as that is how I know what happen.  :lol: 

But your doing one heck of a fine job man at keeping this place up and running the best you can. When the site went down last night, I will admit I was alittle lost  :lol: without it. 

Brock Samson

Thanks for that recap Jim...  :eek2:  :lol:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 13, 2010, 03:22:16 PM
Thanks for that recap Jim...  :eek2:  :lol:

Your quite welcome bud..  :lol: 

Troy

I think I've been saying all along that some *random* issue was causing the site to be slow - I just hadn't found it yet.

Apparently we hit "critical mass" for the server settings. It took almost exactly 5 years.

Troy

MoparManJim

Quote from: Troy on July 13, 2010, 03:52:41 PM
I think I've been saying all along that some *random* issue was causing the site to be slow - I just hadn't found it yet.

Apparently we hit "critical mass" for the server settings. It took almost exactly 5 years.

Troy

I think you just did it or it just found you.. one of the two. 

Has it been 5 years already?

Troy

Ok, lets see if this works...

Troy

A383Wing

4cruzin

I knew you'd get to the bottom of it!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Troy

Ok, so if I use the search button to go to the advanced search page I can find a specific thread but if I type the exact same term in at the little box on top the thread isn't returned. Weird.

At least it doesn't lock up the whole site!

Troy

A383Wing

Quote from: Troy on July 13, 2010, 05:48:57 PM

At least it doesn't lock up the whole site!

Most of us need to be "locked up" anyway

bull

Most likely it was MoparManJim's version of Swahili Pig Latin that shut the site down.

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on July 13, 2010, 07:29:44 PM
Most likely it was MoparManJim's version of Swahili Pig Latin that shut the site down.

:o You s o b!  :slap: :lol: 

Next time I'll give you the double talk!  :D

451-74Charger

I think it was Brock and Bull's random posts that caused it, i mean 13.000 posts sure is a lot to search through just for a picture of a "truck"

MoparManJim

Quote from: 451-74Charger on July 15, 2010, 08:42:18 AM
I think it was Brock and Bull's random posts that caused it, i mean 13.000 posts sure is a lot to search through just for a picture of a "truck"

:D What about the photos of the... (looks around) the babes?  :-\ :lol: :lol: