News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Road Runner Headliner/Sail Panel Installation

Started by Orange Bird, June 14, 2010, 08:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange Bird

Hi,

I love the feedback here and all the good information put out by you guys. Thanks. I have been following some of the installation tips here on the headliner and saw some of the links for previous installations.

A quick question on the headliner installation process when you get to the smaller details. My question centers around the sail panel installation on my 70 RR. I started w/nothing so I am at a loss to some of the detail stuff. I have to reposition some of the headliner bows and stretch the liner some but that I think is just one more night to work out.

Seems to me the panels were held in place with a clip similar to a door panel or the hood insulation? Am I right for that? If so, what do they look like if anyone knows or if someone happens to have easy access to snap a quick picture. I parted a few cars and on one there was something stuck where the sail panel used to be so I am not sure. There is mention of a clip reinforcement area in my headliner box but I cant find the clip that goes there to buy (or laying around in any of my parts bins I may be able to match up).

Thanks
Monster Garage Montra - If you can't hear it before you see it, what's the point?

Leave the little people alone!

oldcarnut

It ain't pretty but here's mine. The clip is stuck in the frame through the headliner and the extra reinforcement is the raised area on the back of the panel.  I would guess that the clip is installled in the panel and pushed into the frame.  As far as I know these haven't been off the car before.  I just pulled it off for the pic as I have to redo the interior anyway.
David  

Orange Bird

Thank you, David. I appreciate the effort. Does it look like a door panel clip?

Thanks
Monster Garage Montra - If you can't hear it before you see it, what's the point?

Leave the little people alone!