News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ok, this is dumb. Hemi PT Cruiser?

Started by bull, June 17, 2010, 10:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

426 HEMI (465 hp) crate motor (one of the first and believed to be assembled by Arrow Racing for Chrysler)

What does that mean?  Doesnt Arrow Racing know if they built the first 426 for Chrysler?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 17, 2010, 12:00:35 PM
426 HEMI (465 hp) crate motor (one of the first and believed to be assembled by Arrow Racing for Chrysler)

What does that mean?  Doesnt Arrow Racing know if they built the first 426 for Chrysler?
it means he bought it used and has no clue who made it    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ChgrSteve67

Forget the interior, take that thing to the track and have some fun.

A friend of mine has been working on a HEMI PT Convertable for about three years. A few other projects have gotten in the way. 4x4 PT and a Pickup PT. The convertable should be done by the end of the year.

I remember the PT10 that Chysler build that had a viper motor in it.

God would that be fun to drive.

bull

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on June 17, 2010, 06:24:51 PM
Forget the interior, take that thing to the track and have some fun.

Actually, I was thinking for the price it would be worth it to scrap the body and put the drivetrain is something much cooler. Like say, a 67-69 Cuda. I don't know what a 426 crate motor, an SMR trans and Viper rear end are worth exactly but I bet these guys aren't going to be making any money.

Black Charger

[/quote]

Actually, I was thinking for the price it would be worth it to scrap the body and put the drivetrain is something much cooler. Like say, a 67-69 Cuda. I don't know what a 426 crate motor, an SMR trans and Viper rear end are worth exactly but I bet these guys aren't going to be making any money.
[/quote]
:iagree:

greenpigs

It has been deleted by the user, guess it sold?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

jaak

I remember seeing that car in Mopar Muscle a few years back.

Like Bull said....that drivetrain would be awesome in an old A-body.

Jason

68X426

I agree with bull: it's dumb. My vote would be A body also.

Or, get really radical and use the original PT Cruiser, which is the 1934 DeSoto Airflow.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bull

Quote from: greenpigs on June 19, 2010, 03:10:24 PM
It has been deleted by the user, guess it sold?

Relisted now in two seperate ads.

One for the engine alone at $11k: http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pts/1808596705.html
One for everything again but $5k lower ($15k): http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1808536748.html