News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BIRD67 Needs New Framerails, UPDATE 6/21/10

Started by BIRD67, August 27, 2009, 03:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

It's been quite a long time since I last wrote here but here's what has been up.. The old trunk pan had to be cut out because it was no good, apparently the previous owner tried repairing the original rusted out trunk pan by welding a new one right over the old one, this caused the car to be severely unstable and the more we cut away at the trunk pan, the more rust we discovered.. Last week the rails and trunk pan were finally installed, they were first screwed together and then tack welded for now.. We figure that in another week or two the car should be finished.. It has taken up to now to see real progress because the guys we are having do the task have full time jobs so this is their project for off time.. Now, on with the pictures!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

BIRD67

Here's some of the old rail we took out.. you can also see what the shackle/leaf spring assembly was mounted to, that whas part of what actually got ripped out of the car.. and finally an undershot of the new trunk pan!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

derailed

Good to see it coming along. My Lemans started life with the 326 in it. Couldn't kill that motor.

BIRD67

Quote from: derailed on June 21, 2010, 01:55:30 PM
Good to see it coming along. My Lemans started life with the 326 in it. Couldn't kill that motor.
Yeah everybody asks why we didn't jsut stick a 400 in it and I say, well this is the original block! It's a street performer at best, bored .040 over, its got a mild cam in it, stock heads, single plane intake with a 650 four barrel..

BIRD67

Got new shackle bushings, drain plugs and other small parts yesterday.. Hope to have it finished this weekend!

derailed

Quote from: mopar73 on September 05, 2009, 12:24:13 PM
be glad it's a gm product.  there are parts all over for it
Maybe if your a Chevy guy. Pontiac seems to be the bastard child of GM. Funny you can buy a whole damn car body now for a Camaro or Chevelle but yet still cant buy a full quarter for a 66 or 67 GTO. I heard a rumor that Dynacorn will not be renewing there license with GM and will be concentrating on mopar stuff. Not sure if its true or not.

BIRD67

Quote from: derailed on June 24, 2010, 07:25:44 PM
Quote from: mopar73 on September 05, 2009, 12:24:13 PM
be glad it's a gm product.  there are parts all over for it
Maybe if your a Chevy guy. Pontiac seems to be the bastard child of GM. Funny you can buy a whole damn car body now for a Camaro or Chevelle but yet still cant buy a full quarter for a 66 or 67 GTO. I heard a rumor that Dynacorn will not be renewing there license with GM and will be concentrating on mopar stuff. Not sure if its true or not.

It helps that we live maybe 10 miles away from AMES Performance, but yeah finding Chebby parts is alot easier than finding Pontiac parts..