News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think of the semi-retarded idea I just came up with?

Started by bull, June 14, 2010, 11:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Quote from: moparstuart on June 16, 2010, 02:59:30 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on June 16, 2010, 02:56:55 PM
And to think people bitch & moan over Charger convertibles......."There's no roof, the roofline makes the car!"

I don't see a roof on that trailer & people say they like it? There must be something in the water besides BP's oil.   :lol:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I'll 2nd that bud  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Cooter

Trailers made outta backhalfed cars is.....Sorta like seeing an Elevator in an outhouse, it just don't fit....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bull

Quote from: Cooter on June 16, 2010, 05:32:12 PM
Trailers made outta backhalfed cars is.....Sorta like seeing an Elevator in an outhouse, it just don't fit....

Well, people used to use them for practical things too. You've no doubt seen the old black and white ad with a Challenger pulling an Airstream RV.

TylerCharger69

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 14, 2010, 11:47:03 PM

If you build that thing, you would NEVER be able to shut up the complaints that you shouldn't have butchered a Charger body to do it. 

Ummmm...I think he was talking...theoretically...if he were to buy AMD panels to achieve this...not butcher an actual Charger........

Mike DC

QuoteUmmmm...I think he was talking...theoretically...if he were to buy AMD panels to achieve this...not butcher an actual Charger........

Yeah but that's my point.  I know he'll make it out of repro parts.  And he would still never stop hearing people complain that he shouldn't have hacked a real car to do it.  He could even put notes on the trailer saying it's just repro parts, and I'll bet tons of people still wouldn't read the notes before complaining.  

He would probably have to put "made entirely out of reproduction panels" on all sides of the the trailer in lettering the size of a NASCAR sponsorship to stop the comments.  

Magnumcharger

Of you're going to make a Charger trailer out of reproduction parts, you may as well throw a Janek Daytona wing on it to completely blow people's minds!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

HeavyFuel

I went to Buggies and Blues this last weekend...about 550 cars.  Or should I say about 550 and 1/2 cars.

There was a black Trans Am (Bandit car) with a trailer made from back half of another TA.  And it was made to haul people, I think.  It had seats in it. 

We just shook our heads, it looked so wrong.  And who in the hell in their right mind would ride back there, trusting there lives to a hitch and safety chains?

bull

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 17, 2010, 11:22:46 AM
Of you're going to make a Charger trailer out of reproduction parts, you may as well throw a Janek Daytona wing on it to completely blow people's minds!

That would be perfect! This idea is getting very expensive.