News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Problem with carpet around console

Started by ChargerST, June 06, 2010, 04:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerST

I recently installed a new carpet. Unfortunately I didn't check when I removed the console but I trimmed the carpet in a way that the console brackets are completely above the carpet. The carpet fits nicely around the contours of the transmission tunnel - but when I tried to install the console I realized that there is a gap (about 1") between the lower edge of the console and the carpet on the floor (on both sides). It kinda looks like the console is flying in the air (mainly in the back - front will receive new console carpet so not a problem as it overhangs a bit).
Should the carpet go over the brackets and the screws go through the carpet? What was factory? Can't find a picture of a Charger with console installed but no seats. Fix it (glue the carpet together and go from there) or leave it as it will be hidden between the seats?

Thanks

Dodge Don

Not sure if this helps.

ChargerST

Your console doesn't touch the carpet, does it?

Dodge Don

Not towards the rear however the carpet and the vinyl flap from the console end carpet section cover it....which you won't see when the seats are in.

twodko

Hello,

The carpet in my 69 bucket seat/console car was cut out around the rear console bracket and the shifter assembly. These cuts, in both the old carpet and the new, were only enough to clear those obstacles. Good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Troy

In the past I only cut the (floor) carpet enough to let the brackets poke through and eliminate any bunching/binding. Once the carpet settles it will pull away even farther. I don't recall my console edges actually touching the floor/carpet - but I only have one Charger with a console. If I remember right, the console carpet should hang down a bit below the bottom edge of the plastic.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!