News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

don't you sometimes hate your car? (8/13:inspected, licenced and ready to roll)

Started by CB, June 14, 2010, 11:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

Nacho, I just talked to you briefly this morning.

Those wires that run to the coil and resistor got me confused.
Hit me up when you see me online  :2thumbs:

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

six-tee-nine

Nacho,

I checked CB's system completely. The 6AL unit is "fubar". So his options are : getting a new one or get the 6AL unit fixed......

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Nacho-RT74

he is installing now the MP ECU kit I think, installing a new engine harness too, so MSD will be a later fix or upgrade.

I'm still worried about the charging system what is how everything began. Maybe it was engine harness related? :shruggy:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Belgium R/T -68

What about the diagram in the manual CB?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

WHITE AND RED 69

I hate it right now cause I pulled my gauges out for what I thought would be a couple days and maybe 100 bucks to fix the speedometer, and now it has turned into almost a month and more like $700. I want to drive it!!!!
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

CB

The MSD unit is removed and new harness with orange ECU will be used.

Per, I looked at the diagram but wanted to make sure I don't mess up :icon_smile_blackeye:

It's now a matter of installing the ECU, route and tape the wires and she should be back..., right?

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Dans 68

CB, you'll get it going pretty quick now with all the help you're getting.  :2thumbs:

I was thinking of you when I fired up my '68 in the driveway this last weekend;  a wry smile came over me, as I gazed upon it's beauty while listening to it's growling, as I reflected upon your problem. It is all worth it in the end.  :angel:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

CB

this ain't giving TLC anymore...

I filed for divorce for less in the past ::)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: CB on July 19, 2010, 04:35:32 PM
The MSD unit is removed and new harness with orange ECU will be used.

Per, I looked at the diagram but wanted to make sure I don't mess up :icon_smile_blackeye:

It's now a matter of installing the ECU, route and tape the wires and she should be back..., right?

Correct, tomorrow you will be burning rubber. :2thumbs:

Per

CB

Burning rubber is something we should do when I got my plates :)
She now starts with one key turn, idles nice and... yes the battery is charging!!! :woohoo:

This means that I can go for re-inspection very soon!

Per and Koen, soon we'll have to test my car, you guys wanna take her for a spin?
(Nacho, too bad you can't fly over  :icon_smile_blackeye: :angel: )
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

bakerhillpins

Quote from: CB on July 23, 2010, 10:21:46 AM
She now starts with one key turn, idles nice and... yes the battery is charging!!! :woohoo:

This means that I can go for re-inspection very soon!

Excellent news!! Glad that she is up and running again.  :2thumbs: Lots of frustration but I bet that listening to her purr makes it all fade away.

:drive:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

six-tee-nine

I'm pretty sure shel'' pass inspection with ease now.....

Then it's just a matter of aligning the rebuilt front end and you're good to go for the rest of the season.

Problem is : they have been so generous with good weather the last month that we're gonna need to strart praying it aint over one of the days....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

CB

Quote from: six-tee-nine on July 24, 2010, 02:15:24 AM
I'm pretty sure shel'' pass inspection with ease now.....

Then it's just a matter of aligning the rebuilt front end and you're good to go for the rest of the season.

Problem is : they have been so generous with good weather the last month that we're gonna need to strart praying it aint over one of the days....

:cheers: :cheers:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

b5blue

AKcharger

69 rt

Happy for you CB, now get out there burn some rubber and send some pictures :cheers:

Charger´69

Quote from: CB on July 23, 2010, 10:21:46 AM

Yes, great to hear!!  :2thumbs: :cheers: Now pedal to the metal....  :yesnod:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

CB

little update

I got the car back up and running (and charging!) and made an appointment for tomorrow to get 'er inspected.
If all goes well I can pick up my plates Friday... keep your fingers crossed!

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

She passed the inspection!!!  :boogie:
Now only getting my plates and then I can start to show off cruise around town  ;D
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

I'm happy for you friend. :cheers: Soon we can take that cruise together. :2thumbs:

Per

69 rt

Excellent: my friend, hope this one is a happy ride

nvrbdn

fun to follow thestory, and the love affair will continue. congrats
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

resq302

Alright Christian!  Well deserved!  Now go pound some pavement and light em up.  No wait, might want to take it easy at first so you dont break something else.  lol
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

CB

Friday the 13th was a good day!
In the morning I went to our local registration office and without any problems they handed over my fresh new plates.  :cheers:
So later that day I took her out for the first test runs.

There are some things left to do like the alignment and rebuild the shifter but she drives like expected.
Finally Lola is back on the road, licenced, insured and ready to rock :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

1968 Dodge Coronet 500