News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car Covers

Started by 72SE, June 15, 2010, 03:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72SE

I have been looking to buy new car covers for my 70 and 72 chargers and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a good (reasonably priced) cover and if anyone has had any experience with the ones on Ebay? Thanks, Mike

ODZKing

I have had both the more expensive ones and the cheap ones. I have found that on/off - on/off makes them wear equally as fast.  So what you are paying for is basically weatherproofing and UV.  Unless it's canvas, which I wouldn't recommend, they're all just about the same.  So, my advice is get a decent inexpensive one and throw it away when it starts to rip and get another.  
I have gotten the one like http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE-CHARGER-R-T-1968-69-1970-CAR-COVER-NEW-/310183924120?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4838671198
And it's fine.
I'm sure others will disagree - Just my  :Twocents:

John_Kunkel

Most of the e-bay offerings are generic, they fit a Charger (kinda) and some others. If you want one that is made for a specific vehicle I doubt it'll be cheap.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

68X426

Check out: http://www.calcarcover.com/cover_about.aspx

They can be really expensive to middle of the road. It gives you a starting point on materials and pricing.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

1970Moparmann

I like California Car Cover :2thumbs:  I have one of the premium type ones and a cheaper one.  Both are for indoor use only, and very soft on the car.  :cheers:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Rallye

I've tried a lot of different covers over the years, and like California Car Covers the most.  I use the "stormweave" custom fit covers because they fit well and are great for both indoor and outdoor use.   :Twocents: 
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

chargergirl

I've had to keep my Charger under cover from the elements. Bought one on e-bay that releases the heat and doesn't let moisture in...it's been great about 80 bucks. It has even held up to the puppies playing king of the Charger. You all almost got a pic of a live "dead" dog. Can't find the name of it but it was the only one in that price range.
Trust your Woobie!

72SE

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. Just trying to keep a little bit of Florida from eating them up!

A383Wing

$25 or so off ebay....nice material, maybe a little large. There's a 66 Charger under there

ITSA426

California Custom stormweave.  I've got one for the 06 Daytona and its made to fit over the spoiler and has mirror pockets.  One for the Rumble Bee that fits perfectly, even pockets for the mirrors, and one for the 66 hemi charger.  They fit beautifully and aren't blown around by the wind.  They have even stayed in through severe thunderstorms without lifting off.  The newest is about three years old on the 66 and hasn't been outside.  The other two have never been inside.  They hold up well but they could stand to be washed.  I wouldn't recommend having them embroidered because they pull up around the stitching but other than that no complaints.  I use several of the cheapies also.  I think they are worth the money.

moparstuart

california car covers are the best   :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

got one on my 69 road runner also ,  they are both canvas with a felt backer , not out door covers , but look and fit perfectly .

Belgium R/T -68

I have a "Coverite" for my Charger, bought it at The Paddock for 90$. Very good according to my opinion but where do you
put it when you need your car? It's huge. :eek2:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

moparstuart

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on June 16, 2010, 01:15:19 PM
I have a "Coverite" for my Charger, bought it at The Paddock for 90$. Very good according to my opinion but where do you
put it when you need your car? It's huge. :eek2:

Per
the trunk

they are offering free shipping right now

http://www.calcarcover.com/default.aspx?eID=684&email=stuartspeedway@hotmail.com

4cruzin

What I want is a true waterproof cover . . . I have 2 breathable covers and everytime I go to a show out of state, it rains at night.  Then I get up and the car is soaked!  Why can't I find a water proof cover and that way I know in the morning the car will be dry?   :brickwall:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

twodko

California Car Covers are very well made IMO. We bought for our 69 Chevelle and loved it.
There will be another CCC for the Charger, most RickyTic, when it comes home from paint. I won't put it over the car for a few weeks but it'll be waiting.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

ACUDANUT

Car covers are only good for indoor storage.  Outside they just retain moisture, regardless of what they claim.

RAC95054

Quote from: twodko on June 17, 2010, 04:14:19 PM
California Car Covers are very well made IMO. We bought for our 69 Chevelle and loved it.
There will be another CCC for the Charger, most RickyTic, when it comes home from paint. I won't put it over the car for a few weeks but it'll be waiting.

Tom

I agree.  I've bought a few covers from CalCarCover over the years, for both indoor and outdoor use, and they have all done well.  You pay a little more, but as usual, you get what you pay for.
:cheers:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar