News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your Opinion Please

Started by magnum, June 16, 2010, 04:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnum

Hey guys I got a phone call today and this guy wants to trade me a 73 Charger with bulge hood and has 500/Rt tail lights with hideaways from 71 Charger. He wants to trade for my Magnum. Now the interior is nice have to install it but needs attention in trunk and quarters are all cut up. It has a 400 with wrong K member and he says it vibrates at higher speeds. I guess I'm just stuck as I have hard time passing on Chargers but I do like my Magnum a lot. I just got the windows tinted and duals ran. My ? is would it really be worth it? My Magnum everything works even the air and I'm second owner with now 67,000 original miles on her. Plus you just don't see them around here...Just wonder what you guys think, thanks-Rich.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

magnum

:cheers:

Tilar

Thats a tough question to answer. The car you describe would be popular in my opinion and the Magnum has never cought my eye, but on the same note a car that I have a strong attachment to would be hard to let go of.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

moparstuart

I say keep the magnum , great looking car , if the trade car was as nice as yours then maybe , but I feel  you would be getting the short end of this deal .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

limey

Hi mate, my gut reaction is that you have a really smart, straight car there. Without pictures, I'm imagining a 73 charger with the wrong headlights, wrong engine, wrong crossmember and an undiagnosed vibration, that could be to do with the K member, or anything else in the driveline from the torque tube down to steering....

I'd stick with the Magnum, but then I ain't seen the Charger, and I don't know how much you want one.....
As I say, its my gut reaction - good luck!
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

magnum

Quote from: Tilar on June 16, 2010, 04:41:50 PM
Thats a tough question to answer. The car you describe would be popular in my opinion and the Magnum has never cought my eye, but on the same note a car that I have a strong attachment to would be hard to let go of.
That's what I'm having hard time with is that it has some valuable parts on it. Plus they make the trunk and quarters for them. But I have owned many third gens and this is my first Magnum.It drives awesome and rides great, but the Charger hasn't been drove much..I wish I had pics of it!  

jaak

Even though I think a nicer magnum would probably be a fair trade for a charger project....my advise would be to keep the magnum. Its nice, good driver, and obviously you are attached to it. You have a project charger you are working on now...if it were me, like I said I would keep,drive, and enjoy the magnum while I was working on the 69. If you have 2 project...its really hard to ever get anything done.

Jason

limey

Good point - I often wish I just had the Charger to work on/improve, but you know how it is, only so much time and $$$$ I wouldn't share it out too much - your  69 project will certainly eat up plenty of both!
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

magnum

Quote from: jaak on June 16, 2010, 04:50:02 PM
Even though I think a nicer magnum would probably be a fair trade for a charger project....my advise would be to keep the magnum. Its nice, good driver, and obviously you are attached to it. You have a project charger you are working on now...if it were me, like I said I would keep,drive, and enjoy the magnum while I was working on the 69. If you have 2 project...its really hard to ever get anything done.

Jason
Very true and this car does need some work.It used to be owned by a member here then he sold it and the guy totally hacked it up..I stopped by couple weeks ago and he used a drill with grinding disk and removed all the paint..Well it rained and surfaced rusted bad,so he hand sanded and painted spray can black..Point is it would need a lot of attention to get all the swirls out!  

magnum

Thanks for all the comments and replies I think I will pass on this one..Its hard but I really need to get the 69 done its so close now really don't need another money pit :yesnod:! But when 69 gets done I do have a surprise to show you guys which I think you will all appreciate! Lets just say I already have to Chargers ;)! Thanks-Rich 

Daytona R/T SE

Your magnum is a nice car.

How many years would it take and how many $$$$ to get that Charger into the condition of your Magnum?

If you want to throw the Magnum away, and replace it with a rusted pile of shit that you'll never be able to drive, let me know, I've got a few rusted piles that I would love to trade your choice of them for your Magnum.

Keep the Magnum.

Be Happy.

ih8gmandford

Quote from: magnum on June 16, 2010, 04:48:11 PM
Quote from: Tilar on June 16, 2010, 04:41:50 PM
That's what I'm having hard time with is that it has some valuable parts on it. Plus they make the trunk and quarters for them. But I have owned many third gens and this is my first Magnum.It drives awesome and rides great, but the Charger hasn't been drove much..I wish I had pics of it!  

I know that AMD is re-popping the 71-72 Charger quarters, but not the 73-74. The "universal" partial quarters are pretty crappy in quality, and will cost a bundle to look right.
  I would have kept the Magnum, too.  -Jason
Ford blue? Still blows!

mikesbbody

Glad to hear your keeping the Magnum  :2thumbs: my vote would have been to keep it but it looks like you have made up your mind nice Magnum BTW

TylerCharger69

Magnum is a nice looking car.....keep it!!! :Twocents:

CaptMarvel

Keep the magnum, it's fairly rare and hey, its really the "last" charger anyway (post Cordoba, pre 2.2)
Its a looking nice car, always liked them...Now if it were a really sought after 1st or 2nd gen...maybe...but
with this offer, I think I'd keep the Magnum.. :Twocents:

Rubberduck

Keep the Magnum.
Otherwise, some years later, you might regret what you have done.

Mario
ยด68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

TeeWJay426

Good decision.... lots of 73 Chargers are out there available, if you really wanted one; sounds like you could get a much nicer one than the trade being offered. The Magnum is a lot rarer, and there aren't many around as nice as yours.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

NHCharger

I kinda like the Magnums, and you don't see many on the road.
Keep it, although if you did trade it for the 73 it would be a helluva deal. . . . . for the other guy.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

ODZKing

I had a 78 Magnum and loved the car.  I hated that stupid lean burn which never worked correctly but loved the car.
Magnums, either year are IMHO much rarer than 3 gens.  Even at Carlisle, there are fewer.
I'd keep the Magnum.
Just my  :Twocents:

Foreman72

Quote from: magnum on June 16, 2010, 05:01:40 PM
Thanks for all the comments and replies I think I will pass on this one..Its hard but I really need to get the 69 done its so close now really don't need another money pit :yesnod:! But when 69 gets done I do have a surprise to show you guys which I think you will all appreciate! Lets just say I already have to Chargers ;)! Thanks-Rich 

:popcrn:

gotta love a surprise charger :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

ACUDANUT

Trade, keep your tires,wheels and tell him he needs to come up with $1500 bucks to complete the deal. :Twocents:

magnum

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 17, 2010, 12:28:50 PM
Trade, keep your tires,wheels and tell him he needs to come up with $1500 bucks to complete the deal. :Twocents:
That's the whole deal I think he wants mine so he could sell it faster I'm thinking something is major wrong with it.He says its cause he don't have the money to fix it up and knows I love Chargers but who knows :shruggy:..As for the lean-burn I ditched it and it runs a lot better! Thanks for all the replies! :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

IF he can't come up with any money, with my proposed deal for you, I would forget it.