News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Confused... One got's to go!

Started by 1970Moparmann, June 12, 2010, 08:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

I would keep the 70 and the RT and sell the 68, since its the easyiest one to replace :cheers:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Darkman on July 25, 2010, 06:11:20 AM
Keep the Coronet as it is not so common.

Keep the 68 as it can be your daily driver

Get professional photos done of the 70 Charger so that you have good memories, then sell it. You will get more money that way and get yourself further ahead

Why have 2 rare/original cars that you won't want to drive  :shruggy:

Just my  :Twocents:

I thought of this also.  I did drive the Power Tour with the car, and it was fun.  I'm planning on putting an overdrive unit in the Rag Top and then put some miles on it.  It's a damn cool car, not numbers matching engine wise.  I wouldn't mind making it more driver friendly, but won't do any drastic changes like I did with the Charger. 

My 70 has original everything down to the points ignition, carb, drum brakes, metal.   The Rag had it's Midwestern issues that I replaced, so if it get's in an accident or such, oh well.   

Thanks for the opinion! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

mauve66

question is how much would you drive them???  i will never have a car that is "too nice to drive", just not me nor can i afford it

ragtops are super cool as far as i'm concerned

purple 4 spd fairly cool, even though i like the look of 68-69 better than 70

the 68 isn't original but is just as easy to sell as anything do to the improvements you've made

if you keep 2 of them, which 2 would you drive the most, memories are made fixing and driving, not sitting in the garage already done
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Arigmaster

I would give your '68 a good home... What's the adoption fee?

Wicked72

well what ever you do dont sell the black beast!!! That is one sexy ride!! :2thumbs:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

hemi-hampton

WHITE AND RED 69

Thats a tough decision. I like them all. The 68 looks the best in my opinion.  :drool5: I think your going to kick yourself in the ass for selling any one of them, but at least the 68 is easier to replace if you wanted to.
If I had the cash I would take the 68 off your hands.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

doctor4766

Sell the 68.
Yeah you've pumped the bucks into it but at the end of the day, like others have said, it would be the easiest to replace if in fact one day you decide you even want to replace it.
For some reason Mopar folk never seem happy to stop at one car. (It's the same world wide)
You will still have 2 ultra cool cars and if the profit/break even from selling one helps you out in other areas of your life then it's a simple decision.
Keep the coolest ones and flick the 68.
Gotta love a '69

1970Moparmann

I actually feel like a monkey has been taken off my back.  I have a couple of things to finish on the car and then will put it up for sale.  I'm planning on taking a bunch of awesome pictures of it, and then off it goes. 

I learned a lot while doing the 68, and will probably do the same to another car when the time is right.  Right now, I need to pay off some bills (one because of the 68 Charger) line up a 509 plan for my 3rd son, and feel much happier about things.  Enjoy the hell out of my 70 and Rag and most likely restore a car with my sons in the future.  I may have to find a 68 and just store it for the future for the same build. :yesnod:

Dans 68

Even though I have a special spot in my heart for the '68 383 4-speed, that would be my choice to sell. The '68 rag top is stunning (my second favorite '68 model), and the '70 Charger simply gorgeous. Just be sure to mention that the '68 Charger 383 4-speed is a unique beast (333 built), especially with the A/C. Keep the numbers matching 4-speed transmission with it and make the new owner realize what a rare car he/she has. And shoot me the tag numbers (if available and you don't mind) and vin when you get some time so I can add it to my known list of '68 383 4-speeds. Good selling to you.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

aone415

Sigh, if I only had the money  :eyes: it would be a nice companion to the MM1

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

1970Moparmann

Well, finally got the charging system on the Coronet completed and working.  I've owned this car for 8 years and never really enjoyed it!  Replaced all the wiring and now it charges!  Put on about 100 miles on it over the weekend - just a fun car...   Isn't this what it's all about?

Charger-Bodie

Very cool car! I had a convertible 68 Satellite a few years ago, Thought it would be the perfect compromise for my family,My daughters hated it case "It messed up there hair". Down the road it went and back to a Charger I was.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

472 R/T SE

Right on!  All boys? 

Awesome pic, bet the kids' are happy you're keeping the 'vert.

Bob T

Good points raised, Im with the consensus on that beautiful 70 and the rare beast Coronet, so it might be for the better to let the 68 out of the stable.
Interested in the adoption fee here too  :icon_smile_big:   A pm is fine .
Cheers Bob T
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Khyron

keep the vert, keep the 68, loose the 70 :P

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Sublime/Sixpack

Glad to hear that you're finally able to enjoy that beautiful Coronet R/T, It looks as though your boys like it!
P.S. Don't let that '70 Charger slip out of your hands, it's a keeper! :2thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

challenger70

Quote from: Bob T on August 11, 2010, 03:33:06 AM
Cheers Bob T

Me too did you get my last PM?

'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

1970Moparmann

Quote from: challenger70 on August 11, 2010, 04:19:12 PM
Cheers Bob T

I missed it sorry.  I'm have my last parts order in for the 68 Charger, and then am getting rid of it.  Sounds like you have a lot vested in your car, may be better for you to build it the way you want it.  I'm going to step down to 2 cars, versus stay at 3.  I need to stay at 2 for a while.  In the future I would have been interested in a trade and cash, but not now - sorry.

challenger70

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on August 11, 2010, 07:15:01 PM
Quote from: challenger70 on August 11, 2010, 04:19:12 PM
Cheers Bob T

I missed it sorry.  I'm have my last parts order in for the 68 Charger, and then am getting rid of it.  Sounds like you have a lot vested in your car, may be better for you to build it the way you want it.  I'm going to step down to 2 cars, versus stay at 3.  I need to stay at 2 for a while.  In the future I would have been interested in a trade and cash, but not now - sorry.

No worries, good luck w/ the sale :cheers:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

1970Moparmann

And the plot thickens.  I swear I think like a woman sometimes....... :RantExplode: