News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Confused... One got's to go!

Started by 1970Moparmann, June 12, 2010, 08:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

I don't think I ever had a harder decision than what I have right now.  I have 3 cool cars, yet one needs to go.  Work is slow and the bank account is getting too low for me.  I've been thinking about this over and over and over in my head for the last 4 days, and am sick of thinking about it.  I know at the end of the day, it's only a car, but I have three cool cars.  I don't want to regret anything in the future.  Any suggestions??

1970 Charger RT Plum Crazy 4 speed restored to original.

1968 Dodge Coronet RT Rag 529 total built - restored to original.

1968 Charger originally 383 4 speed air car
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Patronus

increase your hourly rate
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bull

Quote from: Patronus on June 12, 2010, 09:41:12 AM

Sounds easy. We should all do it.

68X426

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 12, 2010, 08:35:38 AM
I don't want to regret anything in the future. 

Ahh, but you already regret it,  :'(  so all you can do is embrace regret, be one with it brother. Cold reality. List something to sell, sell, and love the one you are left with.  :Twocents:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

greenpigs

Which one could you replace the easiest? That would be the one I would sell.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mikepmcs

sell em all, that's what i'm doing.

list the cars.  I'll tell you which one I don't like the most and then sell that one to me.

reality is, it sucks to be in that situation but the bottom line is you have to survive..... and to let a car come between your family and survival, well that's a no brainer.  

get rid of the family. :lol:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1970Moparmann

Unfortunately the one that can be replaced the easiest is the one I'm working on now.  My friends think I'm a schmuck to even think about selling it, but I think this is the one that will need to go.  It will probably go for the most money also......

The convert is the first car that my boys and wife actually really like, so I think my decision is made.  No matter what, there will be some regret later in life, but so be it.  I just need to man up and take it.

I need to play the lottery more. :smilielol:

SFRT

dont sell. figure out some other budget cut or some other way to increase income.

if you sell the car, the money will evaporate and in a while you'll be in the same position, except with one car less.

then you'll probably selll another one....a while later...no mondey left and just one last great car...then that'll go and then.....no money and no cars.

seen it before.

keep your cars, figure out a different fix.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jaak

Quote from: SFRT on June 12, 2010, 12:38:31 PM
dont sell. figure out some other budget cut or some other way to increase income.

if you sell the car, the money will evaporate and in a while you'll be in the same position, except with one car less.

then you'll probably selll another one....a while later...no mondey left and just one last great car...then that'll go and then.....no money and no cars.

seen it before.

keep your cars, figure out a different fix.

If all I cars are paid for, I agree 100%. It don't cost you anything to just put 'em in your garage and let 'em sit. But as you say...you got 3 cool cars, You can't drive all three at the same time.
Good luck with your decision,
Jason

Quote from: Patronus on June 12, 2010, 09:41:12 AM
:slap:

Jason

1969chargerrtse

I've had many muscle cars and some were very rare. I can honestly say you'll probably be fine. I look back with nice memmories but still sleep at night. I do miss my 70 440/6 trac pack car though. But my Charger helps get me though the pain.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Silver R/T

I'd try finding side/part-time job
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Magnumcharger

Don't sell anything. Period. You'll regret it, and that's no way to live.

Put your toys away until you've got the time to engage with them properly.

Unless you bought them to flip...then fill your boots.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

1970Moparmann

Well guys.... need some input.  For those have followed my restoration of my 68 Charger, how much do you think I can get realistically? :scratchchin:  It's got to go!!!  Like some of you have said, I wish I can keep all my cars, but realistically one has to go and my latest project is the one.  I have a couple of reasons why this one.... 1) I can always build one again like it for about the same amount of money.  2) I really love my 70 and it's been in my life for a while.  3) The coronet is just to damn cool of a limited production car.  My two oldest boys (6 and 8) were actually crying last night when I told them the "Black" charger has to go.  My 8 year old, said "but daddy I don't want you to sell that one because you put so much hard work into it".  I had to sit him down next to me and tell him why I can up with my decision.  All three of my boy's really love the Coronet since it's a rag top.

I know this is a good position to be in having 3 awesome cars, but really as I get older, I finally realized how lucky I am to have this problem now and at the end of the day I'll still have two awesome cars.  

Literally this car is new...
Non factory upgrades-
-400 block stroked to 500 roughly 550 hp.
-Keisler 5 Speed
-Hydroboost
-4 wheel disk

The car was originally 383 4 speed green on green with air.  Originally had a vinyl top, still have the chrome trim.  I have the original trans (numbers matching) and rear end 8 3/4.  I also have the original green interior that I took out of it which is about 10 years old legendary.  Also, have the original green seat belts.

Here's a link to the restoration.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56485.msg786224.html#msg786224

bsakal

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2010, 02:15:52 PM
I've had many muscle cars and some were very rare. I can honestly say you'll probably be fine. I look back with nice memmories but still sleep at night. I do miss my 70 440/6 trac pack car though. But my Charger helps get me though the pain.

Your Charger helps me get thru the pain too. I keep watching your youtube video of you pulling away...

1970Moparman, I know it's a tough decision, and I hope you make the right one in your mind. Actually, I hope you come up with a solution so you don't have to sell any.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

tan top

if it were me  , sell the coronet  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

G-man

Hi

I am late but reading the first question and thinking about it hard I think the black 68 should sell out of the 3. Looking at the decision made further in your post, seems you came to that same conclusion.

1970 = all original, RT, 440 and 4 speed... only a complete.... would sell that one.

The Cornet is something different from the chargers, no roof, restored to original etc... worth keeping for the different factor.

68 Charger black 383.... no big deal there. Can buy more of them any time + you already got a charger which is all original 440 and 4 speed.

Well thats how it went in my mind  :cheers:

68X426

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 24, 2010, 02:06:58 PM
how much do you think I can get realistically? :scratchchin:  

I don't remember pics when this was first posted, thanks for the update. The 68 seems the most obvious choice, like g-man said, it can be replaced (the car that is not the great memories).

How much can you get: I would sure want $25-28k, but in this market maybe $20k is all you can hope for.  :'(

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TUFCAT

Unfortunately, I have to agree.....I think its the 68. :'(

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 68X426 on July 24, 2010, 06:44:05 PM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 24, 2010, 02:06:58 PM
how much do you think I can get realistically? :scratchchin:  

I don't remember pics when this was first posted, thanks for the update. The 68 seems the most obvious choice, like g-man said, it can be replaced (the car that is not the great memories).

How much can you get: I would sure want $25-28k, but in this market maybe $20k is all you can hope for.  :'(

Just an opinion but if Brian got around $50k for his I would think this car shouldn't be too far behind.   :shruggy:
If that's a $20k car I need to cash out my latest purchase ASAP.

The phrase "resale red" applies here except it's black.  Seems everyone wants a black Charger nowadays.  The color, your quality of work, fresh resto. & taste should help move it.

----------------------------------------------------

I think you made the right choice.  Especially in this market.  Only thing cooler than a black Charger is an original 4 gear high impact car.  If that's not enough the drop top R/T is over the top.  :Twocents:  :Twocents:

TylerCharger69

No matter the choice you make....you will regret any one of them......I'd think a bit harder upon it personally

Rolling_Thunder

I'd put it up for $55,000 -  probably take home $45-50K
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 24, 2010, 08:41:14 PM
I'd put it up for $55,000 -  probably take home $45-50K

I would be a happy camper with that...... :icon_smile_big:

I kind of lived a rock star life the last 10 years and it's really starting to catch up right now.  I'm glad I bought my cars when I did and restored them when I did.  I've always liked finding the cars and restoring them, but hate when it's time to sell. 

Thanks for the comments guys! :yesnod:

AKcharger

Yup sell '68, problem is in this Obamaeconomy can you get a good price for it?

six-tee-nine

I definatly keep the ragtop......
Then there is the choice on the Charger....

I'd keep the '70 since it's an original R/T car altough I like the looks of the '68 more. But if you want you can always put the same sort of wheels under the '70.

I would also consider selling both the '70 and the '68. Then you can get a nice '69 instead an have some money left, but maybe I'm biased towards the 69 modelyear....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Darkman

Keep the Coronet as it is not so common.

Keep the 68 as it can be your daily driver

Get professional photos done of the 70 Charger so that you have good memories, then sell it. You will get more money that way and get yourself further ahead

Why have 2 rare/original cars that you won't want to drive  :shruggy:

Just my  :Twocents:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!