News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paddock closes it's doors

Started by wingcar, June 11, 2010, 02:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

It appears as if the owners of older Mopars have lost a possible parts source. 
It seems as if Paddock may have closed their doors.....
It was first reported in the latest issue of Mopar Collectors Guide that they quietly closed their doors.  But it was not reported if they will be reorganizing or if this closure is for good.
While their web site is still up, it appears as if it is not active at this time.
Hopefully, this is not the beginning of a trend, but then times are hard and it wouldn't surprise me if some others follow in the coming years....... :rotz:

1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

hemigeno

wingcar

Thanks....

Can't believe I missed the news last month, but then I haven't ordered anything from them for years... :slap:
Wonder if my Paddock Polo shirt is now worth more ::)

A383Wing

AKcharger

Darn, they were my prefered source  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

alcusswhen

There are just to many suppliers now. The cost of this hobby is so high no little people can play in it any more. Plus all the cars left are so bad its just not worth the cost to bring them back. I'm afraid like the 30, 40 and 50's cars the hay day for our cars has past. Young people today want the performance cars of there generation and why not?
They can buy a LX 345 net horse power car that does everything better than the old cars for 30 grand that will out run a 100 grand B body. Or for 40 grand a LX SRT8 425 net horse power that will out run and out perform a 900 grand himi cuda. People just don't have the money.
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

68X426

Quote from: alcusswhen on June 13, 2010, 03:16:32 PM
There are just to many suppliers now. The cost of this hobby is so high no little people can play in it any more. Plus all the cars left are so bad its just not worth the cost to bring them back. I'm afraid like the 30, 40 and 50's cars the hay day for our cars has past. Young people today want the performance cars of there generation and why not?
They can buy a LX 345 net horse power car that does everything better than the old cars for 30 grand that will out run a 100 grand B body. Or for 40 grand a LX SRT8 425 net horse power that will out run and out perform a 900 grand himi cuda. People just don't have the money.

Yeah, but old is still cool. There is no cool button on the new cars. :D

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

moparsons

41husk

Not real sure were I stand on the new Vs old isue.  55-57 Chevy still has a pretty good folowing around here and I think the younger generation is coming back to old mopars thanks to (sorry) the new 4 door Charger and the cool Challenger.  As long as there is a source for parts our cars will continue to be cool :Twocents: and thats the sdest thing about the Paddock closing. 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

wingcar

Speaking just for myself, I was one of those individuals that would walk right past the "New, Showroom" vehicles on display at car shows, barely giving them a second look. 
That was until I purchased my 2008 Challenger SRT8...now I understand what they have to offer, and how cool they can be.  I still gravitate towards the older iron, but now I actually slow down at the new car lineup rather than passing them by as in the pass.  (This may also be because my '08 is in the newer model line).  I am sure that once my two "classic" Chargers are back on the road, the '08 will see more garage time on the weekends.  But, in the mean time I will be sitting in the "modern-muscle" section so drop by, you just be surprised.

68X426

Quote from: wingcar on June 14, 2010, 12:49:06 PM

I will be sitting in the "modern-muscle" section so drop by, you just be surprised.

Oops, there is a cool button on the Challenger. It's the exception. :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

hotrod98

The problem that I have with the new musclecars is that every little freckle faced girl in town has one. I'm choosing to not be a part of that group.  ;D
I'll keep on driving the bird I guess.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 14, 2010, 03:40:49 PM
The problem that I have with the new musclecars is that every little freckle faced girl in town has one. I'm choosing to not be a part of that group.  ;D
I'll keep on driving the bird I guess.
with the challenger being the most expensive of the three , you still dont see as many of them . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

learical1

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 14, 2010, 03:40:49 PM

I remember the mid-90's Ford Probe should have been called the Ford Transvestite:  It looked like a boy racer, but there's always a girl inside. :smilielol:
Bruce