News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New member, finally got my 2nd gen!

Started by BombSquad, June 07, 2010, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BombSquad

Hey guys, I've been lurking a while but I decided to finally post now that I've bought a car. Going to pick it up on Wednesday, and I absolutely can't wait.

Here's a couple pics, I was looking for a black one but this one was just too nice to pass up.

440/727/3.23

68 Charger - 440 EFI/SS700 5 Speed
70 Duster - 225ci

chargd72

Welcome to the sight. Smart move on picking the car up. She's a beauty.

Curious to why your 70 duster is labeled as fubar?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

68X426

Welcome, and thank you for being a volleyball fan. :cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BombSquad

Thanks guys.

Chargd72, fubar is probably a little harsh for it's condition, it just seems insurmountable to get it on the road at this point. But after some of the work I've seen done here I am sure there's no such thing as FUBAR when it comes to classic Mopars.

Edit: fixed it... Not roadworthy seems a little more apt.
70 Duster - 225ci

grdprx

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

mikesbbody

Forget about the car who's the Girl?  :drool5: nice Charger too  ;)

RD

welcome to the site, great looking charger you got there!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Dans 68

Nice picture! Post more when you pick her up (or of the car when you get it).   :D  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

vancamp

ChargerĀ“69

Quote from: BombSquad on June 07, 2010, 11:05:57 PM
Hey guys, I've been lurking a while but I decided to finally post now that I've bought a car. Going to pick it up on Wednesday, and I absolutely can't wait.

Here's a couple pics, I was looking for a black one but this one was just too nice to pass up.

440/727/3.23

Welcome and VERY NICE Charger  :drool5: :2thumbs:

I got my Charger two months ago and I was also looking black '68 but I ended to red (or orange) '69 because it was so beauty and in good condition  :drool5: :cheers:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

twodko

Hello and welcome to the site. Great looking car and love the head lights! Smart to snatch the car before someone else did. Now for the important stuff........more pix please, engine, tranny, gears, auto/4 speed.......we gots to have the story.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

41husk

very nice 68 and welcome to the site! :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bakerhillpins

Great looking 68! I am still looking for mine and am envious that you were able to locate such a nice charger in a short time.  :yesnod:

Are you still planning on doing a custom build or are you going to keep it as it is?

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

69*F5*SE

Beautiful 68 Charger congrats. But, when I look at your avatar all I can think of is a 69.   :P

BombSquad

Thanks for all the compliments guys, tomorrows the big day  :icon_smile_cool:

Baker, I have been looking for 3-4 yrs actually! I just could never afford the car I wanted, but thanks to the recession (I feel dirty for saying that) and me padding the pocketbook a little, things have finally come together. I missed out on a couple beauties for sure over that time.

I plan on going pro-touring with the car but keeping most of the stock look intact. I want some 17/18" or 18/19" wheels, in a black finish. Hotchkis suspension or possible go the RMS Alter-k route.

And I had planned on sticking with RB, but I just read Ma Mopar released specs on a new aluminum 3g hemi block. That sucker would take a ton of weight off the front end! Probably close to 200lbs lighter as an all aluminum package than the big ole iron RB that's in it.

Car is a R/T clone. 440/727/3.23 SG. Bought only a few miles from its current location in 1968 and it has good paperwork. The body was blasted in 2002 and quarters and trunk pan replaced. Engine was rebuilt recently with 6 pack rods, forged crank, ported 906's with the big valves. 509 bumpstick and MP dual plane intake. Built 727 by "Pat Blaze" with 2400 stall. Two owner car and the last owner has had it for 19 yrs. 107,000 original miles.

And a little about myself, I'm a 24yr old mechanical engineer who works in the oilfield in TX, OK and mostly Alberta. I have loved Mopars since I could read the old Hot Rod and Car Craft rags (coming from an all Ford family).

70 Duster - 225ci

66FBCharger

Welcome! Nice car! I would like to see some more pictures.
Love your avatar.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

hemi68charger

Looks great... Have fun with her............  :cheers:

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bsakal

Nice car! You still haven't answered who the girl in your avatar is. I hope it's your wife or girlfriend! :icon_smile_wink:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Dans 68

Quote from: bsakal on June 09, 2010, 05:05:52 PM
...You still haven't answered who the girl in your avatar is. I hope it's your wife or girlfriend! : ;)

Not likely.  :rofl:  It is a rare woman who permits her image on-line for all to critique. I'm married. I know....  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Wicked72

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! :cheers: Its getting rare to find other ppl in our age group into muscle cars in general and being into mopars is even more rare.......damn ricers :eek2:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

BombSquad

Hey guys, just an update. I got the car home, and you'll probably think I am crazy for how I got it home.

I drove it. I drove it a thousand miles.

I had some time off, my cousin and I had a blast driving the car from Seattle back home to Alberta. I've never seen people act so crazy over a car! Hanging out the window, yelling things, thumbs up... I'm sure you guys are used to it by now, but I'm not. We took two ladies who take their clothes off for a living for a tour in it because they asked nice  :icon_smile_tongue:

And best of all, the car ran flawless. It handles tight, drives straight, has loads of power and never missed a beat. I thought it'd be a dog with the 3.23 gearset but its still a rocket.

Call me an idiot but it was one of the best trips I've taken.

And a little photographic evidence  :cheers:
70 Duster - 225ci

doctor4766

Mate, that's one sweet Charger you got yourself.
Congrats on your purchase and man you must have had one hell of a roadtrip just gettin her home.

Oh yeah.. just for the record.. I too love your avitar
Gotta love a '69

greenpigs

04 Ram 1500 RCSB - 435rwhp/489rwtq - 12.88@109

Not bad....either.

The Charger looks alot like the one an uncle of mine owned years ago.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Bob T

Hi BombSquad, just found this thread. Niiiiice 68 mate, well done , and already clocking the 1000 mile mark in it .
I've done 4200 miles in my 68 in the last 12 months  :yesnod: , thats fun and yeah - get used to people hanging out windows and waving .
How bout a few interior shots .

:cheers: Bob T
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

brianz426

Great looking Charger, do you mind me asking what you paid for it? By the way, you still haven't answered the question about who the girl is in your avatar.
Thanks and good luck,enjoy it.

Darkman

The guy mentions that he drove 1000miles with 2 girls that take their clothes off for a living and all you are concerned about is a girl in his avatar  :slap:

I'd be asking for photos about the trip with the girls!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

charger01

tan top

Quote from: BombSquad on June 13, 2010, 12:33:00 AM
Hey guys, just an update. I got the car home, and you'll probably think I am crazy for how I got it home.

I drove it. I drove it a thousand miles.

I had some time off, my cousin and I had a blast driving the car from Seattle back home to Alberta. I've never seen people act so crazy over a car! Hanging out the window, yelling things, thumbs up... I'm sure you guys are used to it by now, but I'm not. We took two ladies who take their clothes off for a living for a tour in it because they asked nice  :icon_smile_tongue:

And best of all, the car ran flawless. It handles tight, drives straight, has loads of power and never missed a beat. I thought it'd be a dog with the 3.23 gearset but its still a rocket.

Call me an idiot but it was one of the best trips I've taken.

And a little photographic evidence  :cheers:

sounds like you had a great trip , love that picture !! awesome stuff !!  intrested to see anymore  :cheers: :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html