News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Indianapolis may test cabbies' English skills

Started by 451-74Charger, June 07, 2010, 12:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

451-74Charger

Wow, now all they will have to do is learn to read directions.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indianapolis is considering a proposal to give people applying to become taxi drivers an oral test to gauge their English skills.

The proposal follows complaints by hotel managers that many travelers -- particularly those in town for conventions -- say they cannot understand the city's taxi drivers.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 451-74Charger on June 07, 2010, 12:12:12 PM

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indianapolis is considering a proposal to give people applying to become taxi drivers an oral test to gauge their English skills.

The proposal follows complaints by hotel managers that many travelers -- particularly those in town for conventions -- say they cannot understand the city's taxi drivers.

makes sense to me...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ponch ® on June 07, 2010, 12:18:06 PM
Quote from: 451-74Charger on June 07, 2010, 12:12:12 PM

makes sense to me...

Me too..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection