News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

overheating

Started by nappycharger69, June 06, 2010, 05:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nappycharger69

Having trouble with cooling. I flushed the radiator. Seems to get warm slowly and never cools. Got a new 195 thermostat and new coolent. Keeps doing it, I am out of ideas. Seems to have started when I changed a header gasket. I also disconnected the heater core. Could there be air in the system?
Drove it today after all the new stuff was done to it got to 220 or so stoped and the coolent seemed to be bubbling or boiling out of the engine to the radiator.

elacruze

If nothing changed but the coolant, and you had no problem beforehand then they must be related. Most likely you have air in the system.
Did you do anything else like change timing, fan, etc?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

c00nhunterjoe

need a little more history on the car and current conditons. what do you consist of on your vehicle and is this a new problem or ongoing?

-do you have a fan shroud?
-what type of fan? electric, clutch, flex?
-if a clutch style is the clutch operational?
-195 is hot, swap to a 180
-are you running a 440 source water pump housing? if so they are undersized ports and overheat easy

nappycharger69

It has electric fans. New thermostat. I think it started when I changed the header gasket. It also sat all winter long and thats why i flushed the system.

Highbanked Hauler

My 500 NEVER ran hot and after the motor was redone it definitely  ran a lot warmer than it ever did before.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Challenger340

Whats the History here ?

Compression ratio ?
Engine details ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !