News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rotisserie and bodyflex

Started by Belgium R/T -68, June 29, 2010, 03:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

For my Challenger I have a homemade rotisserie. Now I wonder if bars in the dooropenings
(it's a convertible) is enough to keep the body stiff during it's stay in the rotisserie?
As you can see it's made of heavy steel so personally I don't think the body could flex that much
but I hear horrorstories about those things. Will removing the floorpans make the body much weaker? Welding in more bars ofcourse gives less availibility to the inside of the car. What's your experiences from this and what should I do? :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Daytona R/T SE

From the wirlyjig.com website, apparently this is the proper way to brace a convertible, I've been to his shop and seen this car on the rotisserie as pictured, it was rock solid, missing chunks of floor pan, quarters, etc...

twodko

Hello Per, good summer to you!

Someone on the forum was recently talking about this very subject. One of the points made was that convertible car bodies were stronger than hardtops because they didn't have the same structural integrity as a hardtops car. Good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

maxwellwedge

Looks ok to me - maybe weld a couple of cross bars off your door bars if you are nervous. As long as you aren't hacking off both quarter panels you should be ok.

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks guys :cheers: I will start like it is and take it from there.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Mike DC

The extra factory stiffening only helps if the factory undercarriage is still all there intact.  And if you're replacing floorpans . . . 

jobbless

maybe i am wrong, it looks to me like there is only one bolt holding the brace on either side. i am in no way a professional body brace builder, but would it not be better to have 2. on the hinge side anyway? just thinking.... :scratchchin:

maybe i am thinking that it will be holding more than it ever would.
68 charger parts needed.
Radio bezel
Tail panel trim
4 speed console
Tail lights