News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lifter suggestions?

Started by TXcharger70, June 04, 2010, 02:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

Can some of you give some suggestions on lifters I am building a 383 (496stroker) with a mechanical flat tappet cam.
I was looking at the Howards direct lube lifters. Any suggestions

elacruze

Howard's DL lifters have been highly recommended on other threads. Competition Cams now offers DL lifters as well. I'm still toying with the idea of using Shubeck composite lifters with direct lube, too but that's some serious coin for something I probably don't need. I don't think anybody will argue that plain lifters are better than direct lube.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

firefighter3931

The Direct Lube lifters are good insurance for flat tappet solid cams that use agressive ramp speeds.  :2thumbs:

The downside is that you will need to measure for custom pushrods because the cup sits lower than an OEM solid lifter.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs