News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ruger 10/22 high-capacity magazines

Started by bull, July 06, 2010, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm getting tired of these Butler Creek 25-round banana clips on my 10/22 compact. They curve forward and block access to the forearm. I was thinking about getting some of those short factory magazines to use with a TriMag connector or maybe a couple Shooter's Ridge double stack 30-round clips since they're shorter than the Butler Creek 25-round clips. There's something like 5 million Ruger 10/22s in the US so someone here has to have some experience with the high-capacity clips.

RD

I don't have one myself but used to. A company called Ram-Line makes a 30 round banana magazine which curves quite abit less than the butler creek. The brand Eagle also carries a few (or at least used to) magazines which curve less. Also there is a company which makes a 50 round drum mag for them as well, unfortunately their name escapes me at the current moment.

Unfortunately thats about the best I can help you out Bull. I'm not as up with the current 10/22's as I was in years past.

-Russ
(moparguy01 having login issues so borrowing an account)
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bull

I've seen pictures of those drum magazines and they look like they might interfere with my reach to the forearm too. I've also seen some of those 10-round Butler Creek clips that can be connected together (below). I just don't understand why they can't make them straight or curved back instead of curved forward where they're in the way.

68blue

Tough to make straight clips on cartridges that have rims but it is done, I seem to remember a company called Condor clips that made high capacity mags for the 10-22 back in the 80s that worked well. Had a 10-22 for a while but sold it as it had no advantage over the Nylon 66 I've had since the 60s.

captnsim

MWG 50 round clips for the 10-22 are really nice.

greenpigs

I have seen the 50 round drums, but at $56 its to much for my blood. Got a "few" 30 round magazines that cost $10 that do not arc like the pictures show.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free