News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Breaking in my engine

Started by Hudson Hornet !, June 04, 2010, 12:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudson Hornet !

I am about ready to break in my 383 stroker-431-.

It has a xe 275 HL flat tappet cam and eddy performer rpm heads.

What oil would you recommend for breaking in the engine, and should I use a zddp additive?

For instance, If I use Valvoline VR-1 Is that sufficient for break in or do I need to use an additive as well? Thanks for the response as I am confused on what I need to insure a healthy engine.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

mikepmcs

I'm forwarding this to Ron.  He will be able to expound on break in lubrication.  Many others too.
:icon_smile_cool:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

sixty8charger

Jayson

Hudson Hornet !

thank you guys!  I don't post alot on this site but reading material on here has helped tremendously.  I look forward to logging on every day.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

firefighter3931

Valvoline VR-1 racing is descent along with  good breakin supplement ; ZZDP+ or Comp Cams breakin lube.

I would recommend using the additive on a continuous basis with each oil change.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs