News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flaming River vs Firm Feel manual steering box

Started by greenpigs, May 20, 2010, 06:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

Which do you think is a better piece? I know the Flaming river is all new and the firm feel are reconditioned with improvements. For the price the flaming river sounds like the better choice but do they interfer with headers or weigh a significant amount more? I just want to get it right the first time as either way isn't cheap. Once I get a box the adaptor for the column is all I need correct?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

chargerman67

67 Dodge Charger 440
87 Toyota Supra 2.5L twin turbo (JDM)
95 Impala SS
97 BMW 528i

greenpigs

I got a Firm Feel box off Ebay that was installed but the guy never drove the car as he swapped everything out for a rack and pinion. Still will spend more than I like but also won the pitman arm so all I need to buy is a Flaming River adaptor. The whole deal will cost less than just what either box costs as I don't have a core to trade in on the Firm Feel box.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

CB

Since I wont be able to return a core I am forced to spend the money on the Flaming River box + Coupler Kit.
Pricey parts  :eek2: but I understand that these is quality stuff to upgrade and convert to manual steering.

:Twocents:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

greenpigs

No core charge on the Flaming River box as they are a 100% new. They just cost what a Firm Feel does if you need to pay the 200 core price. Dont forget the manual specific pitman arm. Mancini has them for 120.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

ChargerST

there is no specific manual pitman arm..PS and MS are the same!

greenpigs

Huh, I double checked and it doesn't say squat about them being dedicated for either one just 62 thru 72 B body, poop, I just paid to much yet again. It REALY sucks being an impulse buyer. Summits has some Moog ones for $45 when I did a vehicle specific search. :brickwall:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

You'll be happy with the Firm Feel box. Is it a stage 2?

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Jon Smith

I've had both

both work nicely got a flaming river now, weighs 5lb more

stuga

Is there anything wrong with going to get a steer& gear rebuild?