News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good news for 3rd Gen Guy's needing Sheetmetal

Started by mikesbbody, May 29, 2010, 02:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesbbody

This is a Reply to a Email I sent to AMD.

Mike, Thanks for the e-mail. We are working on several of the items you have listed. We've already made the front and rear valances (rear with and w/o cut-outs) The 1971 R/T full door skin, 1972 Rallye door skin and standard door skins are in development. The 1971 Bulged hood will also be in the works shortly. Most of these items will be 10-12 months away, but they are definitely being worked on. Thanks for your interest!

AlanAuto Metal Direct

I think it's great news they see there is a Market for us 3rd Gen guy's  :2thumbs:

Mikesmoparperformance

That is Great news!! :boogie: that is sweet Music to 3rd gen Guys!! :nixon:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

ACUDANUT

R/T door skins huh ? I guess those guys that want 2000 for a r/t door are going to be stuck with them !! ;D

Rallyecharger

Nacho-RT74

now we need roofs, fenders, dutchman panel...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RallyeMike

Thanks for the news.

QuoteR/T door skins huh ? I guess those guys that want 2000 for a r/t door are going to be stuck with them !! Grin

I agree 100%. The more parts that get made the less speculation and hoarding that goes on, and the hobby gets back to being a little more fun and affordable again!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

71charger_fan

I'd love to get the R/T door skins installed on the spare doors I have in the basement. I was going to get the car painted this summer. Now, I think I'll wait until I see what AMD does and does not actually produce.

mikesbbody

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on May 29, 2010, 09:58:53 AM
now we need roofs, fenders, dutchman panel...

I encourage you guy's to email Alan and tell him we can always need more sheetmetal (not that i'm ungrateful for whats coming) even if you inquire about
The same stuff I did it will show we are interested, and that there is a market
For the 3rd gen parts.

FLG

Id love for em to start making q-panels for the 73-4's

The body lines are a bit similar but i do believe they make em for 71's so it cant be too difficult to make some more  :shruggy:

mikesbbody

Frank, do they not make them already? I'm sure someone makes them? email AMD tell them they made a lot of 73-74's and you guy's need parts too 

FLG

Tabco makes skins. No one makes full panels yet.

ACUDANUT

RD

ooooo daddy likes this, ALOT!  next year I will be working on the 71, nice to know this stuff is coming out.  I dig them 71 R/T door skins.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

NHCharger

Nice. I would think roofs would be a no brainer. I think they were the same all four years. Don't they also fit the roadrunner as well :scratchchin:.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

mikesbbody

Not sure...They have the same back window don't they? it would make sense that they use the same roof.

RD

Quote from: NHCharger on May 30, 2010, 09:52:26 PM
Nice. I would think roofs would be a no brainer. I think they were the same all four years. Don't they also fit the roadrunner as well :scratchchin:.

yes they do!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: mikesbbody on May 29, 2010, 02:47:14 AM

The 1971 R/T full door skin, 1972 Rallye door skin and standard door skins are in development. The 1971 Bulged hood will also be in the works shortly. Most of these items will be 10-12 months away, but they are definitely being worked on.

Any news on these ?  :shruggy:

twilt

The 1971 Bulged hood will also be in the works shortly.

I wonder what this means, since there is no such thing as a 71 PBH. 

1972Rallye

Quote from: twilt on August 24, 2010, 10:54:47 PM
The 1971 Bulged hood will also be in the works shortly.

I wonder what this means, since there is no such thing as a 71 PBH. 

Hopefully, he means both the std R/T & Super Bee hood as well as the Ramcharger Hood.  Tooling-wise, it should be a simple insert change in the die to make both openings.  Same can be said for the '72-'74 PBHs - just have a plain insert. The different vent patterns might be handled the same way.

I friend of mine (that can actually go to the bigger shows) noticed a lot of 3rd gen people selling their original sheetmetal in anticipation of these coming out - before their value drops.

noff57

mikesbbody

That would be great wouldn't it? Fenders would be the icing on the cake!