News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Second Generation Meet- Minnesota

Started by lukendan, May 27, 2010, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukendan

Just checking for interest in a Second Generation Charger(68-70) Meet. It would be in the northern metro (north of Minneapolis). It would maybe be a bi-weekly event. If you like the idea, let me know. If you would like to help or have some ideas, please let me know.

ITSA426

Curious.  There's probably more first gen cars living in the north metro, at least that I'm aware of, but I certainly don't know them all.  I think we just go to Anoka.  It's nice to see a bunch of them together though.  Go for it.

GPULLER

Quote from: ITSA426 on May 27, 2010, 08:20:20 AM
Curious.  There's probably more first gen cars living in the north metro, at least that I'm aware of, but I certainly don't know them all.  I think we just go to Anoka.  It's nice to see a bunch of them together though.  Go for it.

Jeez Lee, don't you own 90% of the 1st gen Chargers up there?

Quote from: lukendan on May 27, 2010, 12:00:50 AM
Just checking for interest in a Second Generation Charger(68-70) Meet. It would be in the northern metro (north of Minneapolis). It would maybe be a bi-weekly event. If you like the idea, let me know. If you would like to help or have some ideas, please let me know.

Would would be up for it but living in "extreme" So MN, makes it a bit of a jaunt.  Oh, plus I have a 1st gen.

ITSA426

No, I don't own most of them (my bride might dispute that) but I know where many of them are.  I just found another 66 owner last week.  There was another hemi auto 66 at Anoka Saturday, and Flatback Fanatic was there with his car.  I talked to a couple other local owners over the weekend.

But there were also some beautiful second gen Chargers at Anoka this weekend.  I don't remember if Dean brought his third gen car but I talked to him awhile.  I guess I just like 'em all.

When we did our first Charger picnic about nine years ago we invited only first gen cars and I think we got seventeen of them out.  Now we invite any enthusiast, any generation, and I like the variety better and I only have to bring one car.  For awhile we tried to get Chargers into one area of Anoka but that didn't work.  We could probably do that at the Friday night Champlin car show if there's an interest.  Might be worth an effort to seee if anyone is really serious.

PocketThunder

I know of a couple second gen's in the area...

Minnetonka = Me  69 R/T
Minneapolis = coolmite (Timm) 69 R/T
Savage = Purple Guy (Bjorn) 70 500
Champlin = Tipopiola (Chris) non-operable 68R/T
Belle Plaine = mxzx440 (Troy) 68 R/T
Woodbury = Eric Nelson 69 Daytona

and some others but i havent talked to them in 5 years.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

lukendan

I think this is a good start. There is a good weekly meet in St. Francis (in the County Market lot). Free to enter and Lots of cars (150-200). Easy parking and plenty of food options if needed. Maybe July 23rd?  Get the word out. If we could get 15+ commits, lets do it.

My Car: 1969 B5 Blue, black top and interior. 383/auto

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 27, 2010, 01:44:46 PM
I know of a couple second gen's in the area...

Minnetonka = Me  69 R/T
Minneapolis = coolmite (Timm) 69 R/T
Savage = Purple Guy (Bjorn) 70 500
Champlin = Tipopiola (Chris) non-operable 68R/T
Belle Plaine = mxzx440 (Troy) 68 R/T
Woodbury = Eric Nelson 69 Daytona

and some others but i havent talked to them in 5 years.

Ahh-hem!!!  Excuse me???   :lol:

Mine will be done this spring.  Just to throw this out there, my friends and I are thinking of starting our own car club if you're interested.  We are working on a (at minimum) monthly cruise next season and if we get enough following we have a car show in the works.  I know most of you guys and would love to have you join us.  You're all good guys, even Paul despite him snubbed me in the message above!   :slap:  :smilielol:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"