News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trying to decide on new wheels...

Started by Brass, May 20, 2010, 03:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brass

Does anyone have pics of a second generation with 15" Centerline Retros?  (Wish they made them in chrome.)

I'm also considering a couple from Intro:

http://www.introwheels.com/index.php/component/content/section/1.html

Thanks!

WHITE AND RED 69

Intro has some nice wheels. Mine are intros and the quality is very good. A bit pricey but worth it.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Brass

Those V-Rods look nice!  I'm also considering the Matrix or Pentia.  It makes me a little nuts that with so many options, its still hard to find "just the right" rim - with the size, finish, and backspacing you're looking for.   (And still be within budget.)

Rubberduck

They offer nice wheels. But I miss data of backspace.

Mario
ยด68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Brass on May 20, 2010, 11:56:18 PM
Those V-Rods look nice!  I'm also considering the Matrix or Pentia.  It makes me a little nuts that with so many options, its still hard to find "just the right" rim - with the size, finish, and backspacing you're looking for.   (And still be within budget.)

Thanks, the matrix and vistas were the other wheels I liked. If you decide to go with larger wheels here are my measurements and backspaces if it helps: 18x8 with a 4.75 bs and 18x10 with a 5.5 bs. Mine fit perfect with extra room all around to spare. good luck
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Brass

@Rubberduck: That's one of the things I like about Intros is that you can special order the backspacing.

@White & Red 69: Thanks for the measurements.  I think I'm going to stick with 15" rims.  But it helps to know your backspacing on a 10" rim.  5.5 seems like a lot.  I was thinking of 4.25.  (That's apparently the backspacing on a standard, 10" Cragar SS.)  I'd like to get as close to the outer lip as possible without rubbing.

chargerbr549

I went with 5.5 backspacing on 10 inch rims 295/50/15 tires on the rear my 69 Charger, when stationary it was fine but driving it the inside of the tire would want to rub the inner fender well so installed a .250 spacer and had no rubbing problems, for mine a 5.25 backspacing would have been perfect but they didn't make those wheels in a 5.25 backspace. I know several guys runs a 5 inch backspace and don't have any problems. I like my car to sit a little lower than most and that bulge that sticks out of the wheel well just behind the quarter panel starts getting pretty close to the tire with a 5 inch backspace but if you like stock ride height or a little higher you shouldn't have a problem. If you go any less than 5 inch backspace you might start having problems with the tires hitting the wheel well lip than you would have to lift the back to clear the tires. I think I am eventually going to get rid of that bulge and lower the ride height a little more.

Kevin